Debra Winger on Life Beyond Hollywood

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Debra Winger explains how she’s resisted the all-consuming lure of Hollywood and created a life for herself beyond acting. Her new book, Undiscovered, weaves together memories, poetry, stories, and observation.

Debra Winger

zoe Gayl from santa fe NM

my comment is that what I wrote is authentic my daughter and her friend were hardly intrusive bought the books and stood in line for the autograph quietly Winger was true to her record: arrogant insulting all of the above again the rumors are true she needs an attitude adjustment

Jul. 08 2008 02:08 PM
AJ from Boston, MA

I wonder if what zoe Gayl's daughter experienced as "arrogant patronizing and nasty" was merely Ms. Winger's annoyance/impatience with people who only want to talk about who she did or didn't get along with 30 years ago. I mean, some of the questions Ms. Winger's getting asked on this tour are ridiculous, although, thankfully, not in this interview. For ZG to point the damning finger of shame at someone when she wasn't even there...well, gee, did you even bother to listen to THIS interview? What is your comment about THIS interview?

Jun. 27 2008 04:22 PM
zoe Gayl from santa fe NM

my daughter went to see and hear debra winger debra winger was arrogant patronizing and just generally nasty my daughter was sorely disappointed plus out $75 the cost of 2 books and one ticket ms. winger either needs a time out or an attitude adjustment shame on her

Jun. 18 2008 02:16 PM
Soledad Robledo from Santiago

If metaphors are used so much, don't they lose their magic?
As for the "robot lady", my sister made the same comment the other day! Leonard, you should have her in the show...

Jun. 13 2008 11:37 AM
rob from brooklyn

I can't believe she called out robot lady!!
thanks god somebody finally said something (16:29).
I've been befuddled by robot lady for years....

Jun. 11 2008 04:39 PM
Charlene Taub

Hi, Debra!
The word you want to invent to describe a snowball effect on the web exists. It's "viral."

Jun. 10 2008 01:55 PM
hip_hop_says from brooklyn

i think ms. beaches has an obama-like crush on LL. it's so adorable...

Jun. 10 2008 01:52 PM
hjs from 11211

i loved her in wonder woman

Jun. 10 2008 12:26 PM