Patrick Stewart as Macbeth

Friday, February 22, 2008

Patrick Stewart reinforces his reputation as one of the greatest Shakespearean actors of our time in his role in "Macbeth," now at BAM through March 22. The UK's Telegraph calls this production "brilliantly inventive, heart-stoppingly scary."

Patrick Stewart

Harry

If drama and acting are about suspension of disbelief, why do the age,race or gender of an actor matter? Take it to the extreme, why can't a white 14-year-old girl play Othello?

Feb. 22 2008 12:32 PM
Ayesha

I got tickets for Macbeth and simply cannot wait to see this production.

Feb. 22 2008 12:19 PM
pc from nyc

I’m deeply disappointed this is sold out and I will not be able to see such a performance.

Feb. 22 2008 12:15 PM
chris from brooklyn

I had the pleasure of seeing Mr. Stewart in __Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?__ years ago in Minneapolis. He absolutely SHREDDED. Amazing performance. I wish folks had a better understanding of Mr. Stewart than simply as JL Picard (not that Picard wasn't finely acted, though).

Feb. 22 2008 12:10 PM
Sandra from Germany

Mr. Stewart,

I definitely think you're the
best actor ever, I'm a huge fan of yours and I'm so happy that you keep receiving all those
wonderful reviews for your 'Macbeth'. I saw you in 'A Life In The Theatre' and 'The Tempest' and I loved both shows so much! Wish I could have seen you in 'Macbeth' as well but I couldn't make it. Still, you're the best! :D

Feb. 22 2008 12:07 PM
Peter from Brooklyn

Mr. Stewart,

I saw you in the Public's production of the tempest and you were the highlight in one of the greatest shows I have ever seen. I wish there were tickets available for BAM.

Is there another run of A Christmas Carol in your future?

Feb. 22 2008 11:48 AM