Hit TV Show “The Wire”

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Leonard speaks with 3 actors from the hit HBO show "The Wire": Gbenga Akinnagbe, Jamie Hector, and Clarke Peters. Blake Leyh is the show’s music supervisor.

Event: Cast members from "The Wire" will be at a signing
Thursday, January 31 at 11:30 am
HBO Shop
42nd Street and 6th Avenue

Weigh in: Who's your favorite character on "The Wire"?

keke

but anywayz snoop and chris r the two gutta 1's on the wire i like snoop,chris,avon,omar,michael,bodie,poot,dangelo,wallace but my mane 1's r snoop and chris

Aug. 06 2008 07:37 AM
keke

=[
omg
i still cannot
beleive dat da
favorite show on earth
is cuming 2 an end

Aug. 06 2008 07:34 AM
ricky from northern ireland

im from northern ireland and the wire is prob 1 of my fav shows , believe me ive seen a lot of shows. thought chris and snoop were crazys mo fo's. now that it is over maybe some 1 will step up and make another series of the black donnelys. seen the 1st seris and thought it was bang on . cant believe they topped makin it

Mar. 07 2008 03:40 PM
adraine from baltimore

i love the whole show especially marlo.thank you.the greatest HBO series ever.

Feb. 21 2008 09:58 AM
Carrie from Austin, Texas

This show moves me in a way that no other show has. The last episode of Season 4 was perhaps the most gut-wrenching hour of television I have ever seen. But at the same time, this show can be utterly hilarious. Omar's turn on the stand in Season 2 was perfect.

My husband and I both agree that this could be the best television show we have ever seen. I just hope that some of these fantastic actors get more work after it is over. It was nice to see Daniels show up on Lost last night though.

Feb. 01 2008 01:38 PM
Lauren

Best show ever. Thankfully it is finally getting some of the recognition it deserves.

I miss Bodie too!

Jan. 31 2008 03:03 PM
Alana from Philadelphia, PA

Favorite Character-Gus Haynes (Clark Johnson)

Jan. 31 2008 02:05 PM
Sara from dc

It was great to hear the cast members' thoughts on the most innovative, intelligent dramatic series ever shown on television. I'm very sad to see the show end.

Jan. 31 2008 10:10 AM
Joe from Brooklyn

Prison scene, Season 5:

Avon (to Marlo): "What about you, how you been?"
Marlo: "You know, the game is the game."

Perfection.

Jan. 30 2008 05:39 PM
chuck webster from nyc

The Wire is again, to echo the first comment, the best show in the history of the television medium. There is NO SUCH thing as too much coverage on the Wire, to disagree with comment #2. The Wire should have more Emmys than any other show. If anyone did close to the acting job that Andre Royo did on season #4 of the wire, not to mention all the other characters, i am surprised.
The Wire reigns. The game is the game.

Jan. 30 2008 04:17 PM
camden from NC

omar is the best character imo

Jan. 30 2008 01:42 PM
Mary P from downtown

Such a great show but I miss Bunny Colvin. What an interesting character and Bob Wisdom (who many of us downtowners remember as the music curator of The Kitchen) did a wonderful job.

The character who really broke my heart was Bodie. I'm still not over it.

Jan. 30 2008 12:43 PM
Jim from Tarrytown

Responding to #6 DeForest, I think there is really no character you envy. Tony Soprano was wealthy, powerful and surrounded by women. No one wants to be a alcoholic or emotionless killer.

Jan. 30 2008 12:38 PM
Michele from Washingtin DC

What about the Rawls gay bar sequence? Is Rawls gay?

Jan. 30 2008 12:30 PM
Nancy from Brooklyn

I watch this show every weekend with a group of 10 folks in Brooklyn. None of them are white. I'm the only Hispanic-person of color.

Not a black show.

Jan. 30 2008 12:27 PM
Darrell from Queens, NY

So sad to see such a great show go. Great to see the Urban experience be portrayed so accurately and eloquently to America. I have friends who are drug dealers and cops who constantly praise the shows accuracy.

Jan. 30 2008 12:26 PM
DeForest from Yonkers

Why do you think the show has not gotten the wide appreciation that, say, "The Sopranos" has?

Jan. 30 2008 12:21 PM
Josh from Queens

"who young leak be"

Jan. 30 2008 12:14 PM
Josh from Queens

Could you ask the cast if they every-think that the great acting and deep story lines makes it harder to lose the message of the story. I understand that is television and subsequently entertainment, but it's the most introspective, candid look into urban culture.

Jan. 30 2008 12:12 PM
jake from astoria, ny

A question for Blake Leyh: how did you end up working on the show? And how did you arrive at your current profession as a Music Supervisor?

Jan. 30 2008 12:10 PM
Errol from New Haven

Way too much coverage on the Wire - way too much. No matter how good the show is.

Jan. 30 2008 12:09 PM
John from Jersey City, NJ

The Wire is the best show in the history of American television and probably in the history of the medium as a whole. No other show has approached the depth and breadth of human experience that is explored in this show. No other show has ever been so tightly constructed that all the various plot elements and story lines intertwine so completely and are so totally compelling.

This is the only television show I have ever seen that never feels like television. next to The Wire, The Sopranos (a contender for second best TV program ever) looks like Dynasty. Even Six Feet Under would often descend into "very special episode" territory. The Wire is always true, always unflinching, and never sentimental.

Jan. 30 2008 11:58 AM