Be Part of the Brooklyn Bridge Project

Friday, May 07, 2010 - 04:00 PM

A massive renovation of the Brooklyn Bridge is underway.  Completing it will take at least four years, $508 million, and hundreds of workers; watching how the work progresses and the money is spent takes you.

Want to get involved with The Brooklyn Bridge Project? Do you commute across the bridge? Maybe you've worked on a bridge or other construction site? Take our survey. Your answers will be confidential.

More in:

News, weather, Radiolab, Brian Lehrer and more.
Get the best of WNYC in your inbox, every morning.

Faune Yerby

Live right next to the bridge.

May. 17 2010 10:30 AM
Ted from Brooklyn

Many of us cross the bridge several ways. Depending on the day I ride, walk or drive.

May. 13 2010 10:54 AM
Brian Kaye from Brooklyn Heights

I speed walk over the Bridge four times a week and have done this for the past 30 years; it's one of the most rewarding experiences every time I cross.

May. 12 2010 12:06 PM
Jewels from Brooklyn

I did the survey, but how will I know when I will be contacted, if at all...are there dates in mind?

Hoping to share in this monumental project!!!

Peace & Smiles,
~jewels / Julie

May. 12 2010 08:51 AM
Ray Nolan from Highland Park, NJ

The BB is one of my favorite places. I taught Civil Engineering at Middlesex County College, Edison, NJ for 29 years and at least once a year I brought a class of students to see this great structure. We always followed the same routine:
1, Drive to the Staten Island Ferry,
2. Walk Broadway to the Bridge
3. Walk the bridge to Brooklyn and discuss construction.
4. Walk back to Manhattan then lunch at:
5. Lunch at Who Hop on Mott Street
6. Walk back to the ferry and home

A GREAT DAY EVERY TIME.
In 1983 we got some original nuts & bolts.

May. 11 2010 10:29 PM
Matty Mac from NYC

Unable to fill out Survey, the check boxes do not seem to be operating

May. 11 2010 12:54 PM

Please stay on topic, be civil, and be brief.

Sponsored

About The Brooklyn Bridge Project

A massive renovation of the Brooklyn Bridge is underway.  Completing it will take at least four years, $508 million, and hundreds of workers; watching how the work progresses and the money is spent takes YOUShare your Brooklyn Bridge story by calling (646) 450-1883 or email us at brooklynbridge@wnyc.org.

Feeds