Wagner's operas are almost as famous for their length as they are for their music. In the third installment of The Tristan Mysteries
, Amy O'Leary
examines the somnolence of Wagner's music—and shows us that falling asleep at the opera might not be such a bad thing after all.
Contributors to The Five Hour Mystery include:
- Mark Morris, Choreographer
- Ben Heppner, Tenor
- Dr. John Forrest, Head of Anthropology, SUNY, Purchase College
- Joe Horowitz, Author of the book "Wagner Nights"
- Meg Kinney, Marketing Consultant, Los Angeles
- Christopher Mika, Metal Guitarist and part-time Waiter, San Francisco
Executive Producer, The Tristan Mysteries: Limor Tomer
The Tristan Mysteries is supported, in part, by a grant from The Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
Producer/Host, The Five Hour Mystery: Amy O'Leary
Producer/Host, Evening Music: George Preston
Web Producer, The Tristan Mysteries: Brad Cresswell