Well, they did it! Each of our first five Help Wanted Facebook Forum contributors spent some time getting to know Brian Lehrer and our listeners on-air. You can hear them, as well as some stories we did about the job market, by following the links to each day below.
We say hello and goodbye to Ginger, our first graduate. We'll soon have another job seeker take her place. We always welcome more people to apply for one of the author positions here, but anyone is welcome to post comments, advice or questions on our Facebook page. Even if you don't have a Facebook account, you can visit the site and see what's being talked about.
- Meet Naomi and listen to Help Wanted: Staying Nimble with guest Andrea McCarren, who started Project Bounce Back after losing her job.
- Meet Maryli and listen to Help Wanted: Greening Your Next Job with Bronx high school teacher Steve Ritz.
- Meet Alyson and listen to Help Wanted: Job Skills Recession with Julian Alssid of the Workforce Strategy Center and Jonathan Bowles of the Center for an Urban Future.
- Meet Ginger and listen to Help Wanted: Interview Strategies with Scott Peek. Scott has added his own Discussion, listing the parts of his Two-Minute Resume. Thanks Scott!
- Meet Jim and listen to Help Wanted: The Advertising Industry with Dow Jones reporter Ty McMahan, who explains the growth of online advertising in niche markets.