What's Ahead in Washington

Monday, April 05, 2010

From prospects of financial reform to the continuing political fallout of the health care bill, senior White House correspondent for ABC News Jake Tapper looks ahead at the coming week in Washington politics.

Jake Tapper

mc from Brooklyn

"Obama’s clearly a Liberal/Progressive? Really?!? Is it because he’s black that he’s clearly a Liberal? A Centrist, definitely, but a Liberal he is not."

Ahh, Voter, finally someone who speaks my mind.

Apr. 05 2010 10:33 AM
SuzanneNYC from Upper West Side

Jake Tapper is exactly what's wrong with the MSM. Or maybe I should say TV journalism. Repeating the same tired conservative talking points and analysis. Asking Alan Greenspan an obvious question (one that he's been asked before) and taking his obvious answer (one that he's given before) with no follow up is not great journalism. Baseball is the only thing that really excites an honest conversation. They should just do sports all the time. After all they consider politica a horse race -- it's only who's winning and who's losing.

Apr. 05 2010 10:32 AM
Voter from Brooklyn

His pathetically anemic healthcare plan… Republican pandering… Ayn Rand capitalism and weak at best financial reforms… Belief in fake markets RE: his housing plans… And pathetic stance on equal rights are all a joke.
Branding Centrist Obama as a Liberal is nothing but Republican demagoguery and spin. They (Republicans) want the Radical Right to be seen as the center so even further Right politicians, a la the Tea Party, can get a foothold into American politics.

Apr. 05 2010 10:28 AM
Bertrand Tchouke from Yonkers, NY

The president Obana is doing a great job in the White House. I am 100% confident that by the end of the year in tern of job creation, health care, and the general climate in the country (in politics and other topics), all people living in the US, and in other parts of the World will fill very about him. I travel a lot, and I can tell, out of the US, people are happy with what he is doing.

Apr. 05 2010 10:26 AM
smidely

"Blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah, Obama is obviously an ideological liberal."

HUH?? Not obvious to me

Apr. 05 2010 10:25 AM
John Lobell

Over the past 40 years it has become well understood what generate jobs. First, of course, is economic growth. When you have an administration that has repeatedly stated that it is against growth (very evil), it must fall back on socialist make-work approaches -- well proven not to work by decades in Europe.

Apr. 05 2010 10:20 AM
Marissa from Manhattan, NY

Obama needs to be the leader he painted himself as - to embolden the democrats in congress with his strident vision, and bring about the "Change" he trumpeted throughout his campaign.

I'm tired of seeing the "Fox News American" represented in the media - their polls are ridiculously skewed but constantly hammered down our throats. The country is behind Obama, he needs to take the ball and run with it!

Apr. 05 2010 10:16 AM
Robert from NYC

This administration for me, has been nothing but a disappointment and if we were to vote today I would not vote for them to continue... I would not vote for the republicanians either. I would not vote. I think it's time for people who are dissatisfied with everyone just not vote. This nonsense about you must vote because you should select the lesser of two "evils" is a crock. IF YOU DON'T LIKE ANYONE, DON'T VOTE. That makes a statement and you non-vote is a vote of disatisfaction with the whole crowd. If I thought I could start a DON'T VOTE movement I would.

Apr. 05 2010 10:16 AM
Tom (Upper West Side) from NYC

Whether you are for or against the Health Care Reform Act, the political reality is that its passing has given the President more clout, strengthening his ability to push successfully for other matters on his agenda.

Apr. 05 2010 10:13 AM