The 39 Clues

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Editorial director David Levithan author Peter Lerangis, talk about their bestselling children's book The 39 Clues: The Sword Thief, and the series's unique interactive elements.

Peter Lerangis and David Levithan
News, weather, Radiolab, Brian Lehrer and more.
Get the best of WNYC in your inbox, every morning.

Amanda

My son started with these, then I read them. They are really fun to read and the puzzles on the cards are fun to solve. He love the online games that go with them. Now my daughter that hates to read it reading them, thank you Scholastic.

Feb. 20 2010 06:19 PM
Litland.com Reviews

Litland.com loves the series 39 Clues, and Peter's newest edition The Viper's Nest is excellent! See our review at www.litland.com and the commentary at http://ow.ly/19lKE . Using a criteria based upon character education guidelines, this book passes the test with flying colors!

Feb. 20 2010 05:17 AM
L Jeff from CheyWy

My son loves these books...he enjoys figuring out the clues & likes the internet interaction part of it. Great job to all the authors--I love when they work to write books to entice non-readers!

Feb. 19 2010 02:23 PM
Andrew Fishel from Boonton, New Jersey

Reading is fundamental and should be exciting for all, not just kids. I won't wait for the movie to come out.

Feb. 18 2010 05:51 PM
the truth!! from BKNY

Yippee just what we need.

Feb. 18 2010 12:00 PM
mozo from nyc

I get it. A book for kids that don't like to read. Good grief.

Guest sounds like an ad guy.

Feb. 18 2010 11:52 AM
mozo from nyc

This all sounds very dubious. Why not just write a well-written book?

Feb. 18 2010 11:49 AM