Newly Elected: City Council 39

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Brooklyn City Councilman-elect (D-39) Brad Lander looks ahead to his term in office representing Carroll Gardens, Kensington, Park Slope and Windsor Terrace in the city council.

Brad Lander

Larry from Brooklyn

Elect Leticia James Council Speaker! She is a strong, independent voice.

Nov. 17 2009 11:33 AM
J in the Bronx from Bronx

I second Larry from Brooklyn's comment. Tish would be the best counterweight to the Mayor with the skills and experience to excel. Dan Garodnick has been one of the leading lights on protecting affordable housing and might be more palatable to the mainstream. My hearts with Tish,but Dan might be the man.

Nov. 17 2009 11:01 AM
Larry from Brooklyn

Elect Leticia James Council Speaker!

Nov. 17 2009 10:53 AM
JOhn from Bay RIdge

How about Vincent J. Gentile
District 43 - Council Member - Democrat
Someone to put a check on King Bloomberg...

Nov. 17 2009 10:46 AM
Robert from NYC (formally Hell and previous to that NYC)

Nice cope out now that you've "made it". Dump Quinn.

Nov. 17 2009 10:44 AM
Marco from New York

Rent stabilization has been great for us...co-op owners. Nothing artificially inflates housing prices like rent stabilization.

Nov. 17 2009 10:41 AM
Noah

How vigorously will Brad Lander stand up to the speaker? And who might he support as a new speaker?

Nov. 17 2009 10:39 AM
Peter from Sunset Park

When I walk on 7th avenue in Park Slope it feels that I am always stuck behind someone smoking and blowing smoke in my face. It is gross. Getting off the F Train at 7th avenue or 15 st. (Windsor Terrace) seems to always include folks lighting up on the stairs leading out of the subway (I don’t notice this nearly as much in Sunset Park or Bay Ridge). Sure there is the second hand smoke aspect, but I am just tired of breathing and smelling other people’s smoke. It feels like folks are spitting on me.

Would Mr. Lander support a public smoking ban in district 39 in Brooklyn?

Nov. 17 2009 08:49 AM