Albany on Trial

Friday, November 06, 2009

From the Albany Bureau at the New York Times, reporter Nicholas Confessore discusses what the Joe Bruno trial says about how business is conducted in Albany.

Nicholas Confessore

Calls'em As I Sees'em from McLean, VA

Under this law almost everyone in NYS government should be indicted. The fact that the good people of NY allow themselves to be ruled by a small click of power brokers is a joke and a half.

As to civil service pensions - lofl - can you say Mafia? Unions should be banned where workers are protected by civil service. It was a bad idea from day one.

Nov. 06 2009 10:20 AM
Alex from Brooklyn

Did Bruno get a salary and benefits while in office?

Nov. 06 2009 10:18 AM
Smokey from LES

I had no idea! Why didn't we use this law against Bush and Cheney?

Nov. 06 2009 10:11 AM
Robert from NYC

Oh god Shelly Silver, now I really have to shower; both of them in one story... well it always is that way isn't it.

Nov. 06 2009 10:11 AM
Robert from NYC

I'm not in favor of capital punishment but as far as Joe Bruno--and just saying his name makes me feel dirty--but as far as he goes, I'd personally love to watch him burn in the electric chair!!! There I said it.

Nov. 06 2009 10:09 AM
Martin Chuzzlewit from manhattan

ASK MR. CONFESSORE when the NYT will have the courage to do the same story on Charles Rangel....oh, my gosh, a Democrat!

What a joke!! Bruno is long gone while Rangel has a committee chairmanship.

Can Confessore spell j-o-u-r-n-a-l-i-s-t-i-c i-n-t-e-g-r-i-t-y?

Nov. 06 2009 09:03 AM
Mark

Who is this guy in the promo talking about "professional journalism"? These so-called professionals got it wrong on Iraq and the Housing Crisis two of the most important issues of our generation. Meanwhile "citizen journalists" got it right! Just because you don't work for a newspaper doesn't mean you are a moron. I've read articles by economics professors and historians predicting the housing collapse, you know, people who are actually experts in these areas not just some hack with a journalism degree. What do you need to get a journalism degree anyways? Believing The Government 203 and Parroting Press Releases 305? Please. No offense to any WNYC with Journaism degrees, maybe it's corporate culture that dumbs those guys down but every importnt issue they got it wrong! They even believed the Balloon Boy thing! Bah!

Nov. 06 2009 07:47 AM