Wordnik: Tech Terms

Email a Friend
Today is the launch of Windows 7, and the release of Wornik's API. Erin McKean, co-founder of wordnik.com and former editor-in-chief for American Dictionaries at Oxford University Press, discusses some of the more confusing tech terms out there.

Listener word challenge! We know about "initialisms" (API) vs. "acronyms" (RAM) but there's a third category - for example AAA, which we call "triple A." Erin doesn't know what this is called, so it's up to you to come up with it, and give us other examples! Post your suggestions below!