One Week Until NYC Primary

Tuesday, September 03, 2013

It's one week until primary day, and tonight is the last debate among the Democratic hopefuls for mayor. Kate Taylor of The New York Times and WNYC political reporter Brigid Bergin, discuss the latest developments, and how candidates are making the final push.

Note: WNYC will air tonight's debate at 8pm, and have audio available online tomorrow morning.

Brigid Bergin and Kate Taylor

jf from reality

everytime I turn on wnyc I hear about a baby that got shot in a stroller. How many times a day this time 400-600 times? OBVIOUSLY SOMEONE IS MAKING YOU SPREAD THIS PROPAGANDA. Repeating statistically unlikely rare horrific tragedies and crimes seem to be your stock and trade. are you not embarrassed at all to do that? STOP AND FRISK IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CRIME GOING DOWN, LEAD GAS BEING ILLEGAL FOR 20 YEARS IS! You would have thought we learned our lesson from the roman empire, or maybe they did, and thought it was better to poison the poor with lead instead of the rich this time.

Sep. 03 2013 10:53 AM
fuva from harlemworld

Didn't the first 'black' guy who called to note the increased 'unpredictability' of black voting also said he'd later vote for 'the other guy' after voting for de Blasio? Think Brian missed that and a great chance to question him.

Sep. 03 2013 10:49 AM
Robert from NYC

I guess I meant newspapers not new papers!

Sep. 03 2013 10:41 AM
john from office

So Deblasio wants people to vote for him because his son has an afro and he and his kids can dance?? Wow, anyone offended yet or is this really affective??

Sep. 03 2013 10:41 AM

How wise is it to put ones minor child in the spotlight?

Sep. 03 2013 10:39 AM
Robert from NYC

Well if I wasn't already not a Quinn fan the support of the three major new papers would turn me off to her. Do you really want a mayor that these three rags support!!

Sep. 03 2013 10:38 AM
Edward from NJ

Who's behind the "Anyone But Quinn" people handing out flyers on the street this week?

Sep. 03 2013 10:35 AM
Lenore from Manhattan

Where is this debate to be televised? I found an article from a Houston paper that says it will be on WNBC but I don't see that on my Time Warner program listings. The article also talks about 60 mins on WNBC and 30 mins online, with some of the candidates asking that all the debate be televised.

Any info about all this?

Sep. 03 2013 10:21 AM