Tuesday, August 13, 2013
Event: Miki Agrawal will read from Do Cool Sh*t and sign books on September 17 at 7 p.m. at WILD NYC, 535 Hudson Street, New York, NY 10014
EXCERPT: Do Cool Sh*t: Quit Your Day Job, Start Your Own Business, and Live Happily Ever After
To ensure that this book has found its way into your hands for the right reasons, please ask yourself, “Do I fall into one or more of these following categories?”
• I don’t want to work a day job in a “respectable industry” just to make a buck.
• I want to have the social life I always dreamed about.
• I want to get the blessing of my parents/significant others to chase my real passion.
• I actually don’t know what my real passion is yet, and I really want to figure it out.
• I have a really great idea and want to start a business but I have no clue where to begin.
• The books that do teach me how to start a business put me to sleep after page three.
• I want to raise money for my business, but I have never raised money before.
• I’m sick of feeling self-conscious when I walk into a room full of strangers, and I want to know how to break into a new circle with sparkle and confidence.
• I’m done going to bars and watching football for ten hours on weekends with my college friends who drink their faces off, and I want more.
• I want to build a new community of friends who challenge, support, and inspire me.
• I realize that there are people in my life who aren’t helping me be my best; they may even be holding me back. I want to surround myself with the right people.
If you nodded your head to any one of those statements, buckle up and get ready to do the coolest shit you’ve ever done.
From now on, you will no longer feel envious of others who “have the perfect life” or intimidated by anyone trying to keep you from your perfect life. You will have the courage, clarity, and confidence to become authentic, empowered, and actualized—the best version of yourself you could ever imagine.