The Real (Non-Weiner) Mayoral Race Issues
Friday, July 26, 2013
Usually at this point in a mayoral election, the focus is on local issues, grassroots advocacy, and coalition building. This is not your usual mayoral election. David Chen, City Hall bureau chief for The New York Times, discusses the issues central to the mayoral race that have been overshadowed by Anthony Weiner's texting saga. Listeners: What non-sexting issue is getting crowded out? Interest groups, this is your moment. Call 212-433-9692 and tell us what we'd usually be talking about in a "normal" election year.
Reading List: The Non-Sexting Stories of the Week
- NYCHA Sleepover Several mayoral candidates spent a night in public housing.
- Minimum Wage Challenge Local officials live on minimum wage for a week.
- The "Unbanked" A proposal from Scott Stringer to help those without access to financial services.
- Brooklyn DA's Race David Chen on the narrowing field.
- Wayne Barrett on Bill Thompson New WNYC contributor's first deep-dive into the mayoral race.