MTA Restores Service, Talks "Millennials"
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
The MTA's preliminary budget adds service to the M and G subway lines, plus restores previous cuts to several bus lines. Kate Hinds, reporter for Transportation Nation, recaps the proposals and we hear from listeners about the possibility of expanding station naming rights to raise more funds.
Service changes include:
- More frequent G train service from 3pm to 9pm weekdays
- M train extension to Delancey Street-Essex Street on weekends
- Return of the B37 bus in southwest Brooklyn
- Additional service on the B70 and B8 buses in Brooklyn
- Weekend service returns on M8 bus and Q31 bus
- LIRR adds weekend half-hourly service to Ronkonkoma and Port Washington