Open Phones: Have You Changed Your Mind?

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Have you had a change of heart recently about any of the big issues of the day? Did you change your mind on same-sex marriage or the NYPD's use of stop and frisk? What about the NSA leaker Edward Snowden or the mayoral race? Or have you become ambivalent about something you used to feel strongly one way or the other about? Call us up at 212-433-9692 or comment here.

DO FISA JUDGES RECUSE THEMSELVES EVER

Potential conflict of interest ?

Jul. 03 2013 01:45 PM

On Gun Control:

Like the caller, I became more pro-gun when I read the Nixon tapes transcripts in the Washington Post. I remember thinking,

"What?? You mean these utter CROOKS (Nixon as well as Haldeman & Ehrlichman) were in charge of the country??

"Oh, OK, now I see the rationale for the Second amendment."

I'm still for sensible gun control. Hate the NRA.

Jul. 03 2013 12:09 PM
Guy from NYC

That caller needs to change her mind again--or at least resist the brainwashing of the business community if they want to be taken seriously.

These folks bluster and give themselves credit for "creating jobs"--I assume they are talking about hiring people to work for them so they can make money. What nonsense! And no one interrupts them!

What's next, crediting ourselves for "creating CO2" when we breathe?

Jul. 03 2013 11:56 AM
John A

Switched from republican-supportive, to not, to actively seeking full replacement of them. Starting about 1993.
Switched from agnostic to Catholic at age 42. Too much emptiness in going it alone. I would place my personal religion as heavily futurist, but will listen to the CC regularly, weekly or better. Haven't been disappointed, but I'm patient.

Jul. 03 2013 11:56 AM
Taher from Croton on Hudson

How many jobs did the listener create? One low paying job in high living cost NYC? Most jobs in America are not made by small business, contrary to myth and rightist propaganda.

Jul. 03 2013 11:56 AM
jgarbuz from Queens

Yes, having a kid changes everything.

Jul. 03 2013 11:35 AM

Having kids, and tracking their stages of development in the womb, has made me (male) much more aware of the gravity of the decision to abort a human fetus. I continue to support this "woman's choice." But for many young (and lucid) people, no doubt, this decision is their first meeting with the stark reality that life is sometimes heart-breakingly cruel.

Jul. 03 2013 10:40 AM