Satire Slam! Finals

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

The ultimate winner will be decided from the four remaining contestants in our Satire Slam! Finale. Judges Mo Rocca, comedian, and Faith Salie, actress/comedian and former host of Fair Game for PRI, provide commentary on the contestants' work.

Finalists: Quinn Raymond, Gerry Segal, Erin Slattery, and Charles Esser

Mo Rocca and Faith Salie
News, weather, Radiolab, Brian Lehrer and more.
Get the best of WNYC in your inbox, every morning.

Carolyn from Hoboken

Oh, I'm so happy that Gerry won. I had considered entering but then got to the entry page and read Gerry's song in the comments. Decided my brain space was more happily used mulling over his song than working on something of my own. Congrats, Gerry!

May. 06 2009 01:37 PM
Linda from nyc

Howdy, where are the whole performances? The first three not at all and the winner doesn't get to sing the whole song? Not good for those who had to work and not see the live stream.

May. 05 2009 08:53 PM
Quinn Raymond from East Village

I just wanted to take a moment to thank Brian, Faith, and Mo for their feedback and thoughtful comments. It was a little intimidating to be there in front of the pros, but I really enjoyed participating and they were very kind. I hope that in the future WNYC is able to do more humorous segments like this.

I also wanted to congratulate Gerry on his win-- I really enjoyed his song. Kudos to Erin and Charles too, they were able to write excellent follow-up pieces with very limited time.

WNYC, do more funny stuff!

Best,
Q

May. 05 2009 03:16 PM
IndianInNY from NYC

Quinn Raymond really was the strongest contestant and the audience thought so too. I'm surprised they didn't applaud louder for Erin Slattery.

May. 05 2009 01:05 PM
123456 from nyc

Quinn Raymond was best in my opinion.

May. 05 2009 12:24 PM
the truth from bkny

NO singingggg!

May. 05 2009 11:55 AM
the truth from bkny

K...this guy I like - good delivery

May. 05 2009 11:50 AM
the truth from bkny

Can't laugh at your own piece lady. LOL

May. 05 2009 11:44 AM
the truth from bkny

wtf?? who is this weirdo?? GONGGGGgggg!!

May. 05 2009 11:37 AM