100 Days: Time Capsule Revisited

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Remember the 2012 Time Capsule from November 5th, 2008, where we asked you "What will President Obama actually change by 2012?" If you posted to the time capsule, revisit your prediction and tell us where you stand 100 days later. Even if you didn't post, tell us how you feel today compared to the day after the election. Have your predictions changed? Are you more or less optimistic? Comment below!

J Reilly from East Meadow LI

I am registered on the "Do not call list" and I get these calls all the trime on my land line. I have a '67 Buick, the warranty is expired! I rent and my house only has an old rotary phone so I can't even yell at them.

Apr. 29 2009 11:55 AM
hjs from 11211

Corrao
smart government, it hasn't been tried in some time

Apr. 29 2009 11:04 AM
Joe Corrao from Brooklyn

13---i don't think too many people ever accused Bush of thinking...and the GOP isn't dead it's just resting...pining for the fjords

Apr. 29 2009 10:51 AM
Garbo

12 -- well bush did, GOP...I mean RIP...

Apr. 29 2009 10:35 AM
Joe Corrao from Brooklyn

HJS---I hope NO ONE thinks big government is gonna solve the problems either...

Apr. 29 2009 10:30 AM
the truth from bkny

This whole 100 day business is unfair and just one more media tool.

Apr. 29 2009 10:24 AM
Paulo from Paterson, NJ

You know what didn't happen in FDR's first 100 days? He didn't have virtually every information source on his 100th day in office summing him up as a success or a failure based on just over three months of working. Isn't this completely arbitrary assessment getting too much weight?

Apr. 29 2009 10:24 AM
the truth from bkny

I think there has been a sufficient amount of issues addressed in this first 100 days.

Sad that he has not yet served 1/2 of his term and is being judged so sternly by those who never even parted their lips to complain during the previous administration.

Shame he is expected to run faster jump higher than his predecessors. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Apr. 29 2009 10:24 AM
superf88

The real test is what direction Obama takes after these trillions are spent and the stimulus plan has failed. One day, we will have to face our situation but that day won't come until we have played more of our hand (such as spending these trillions).

When that day does come -- Will we radically restructure Capitalism? Make it truer? Replace it?

For these 100 days I have closely watched Obama's Learning Curve -- and so far I am still confident in the man.

Apr. 29 2009 10:23 AM
Serg Hakobyan from NYC, Rego Paark

Obama was promising to recognize Armenian Genocide as a president of US,but at April 24 he refuse to use word "GENOCIDE" in his speech.

Apr. 29 2009 10:20 AM
Julia from Skillman, NJ

I must say, I have not seen a president work so hard and put so much effort into solving this countries problems. What I do not understand are the people who don't realize the problems that were unloaded on President Obama were massive and that they will take time to overcome. There was much damage done to this country and he is working very hard and has achieved a great deal thus far. I am quite thankful that we elected a doer, not a luncher. Given the chance, President Obama will achieve a great deal of good for this country; it will just take time.

Apr. 29 2009 10:17 AM
hjs from 11211

I hope no one expected 8 years of mess to be cleaned up in the first 100 days

Apr. 29 2009 10:15 AM
Joe Corrao from Brooklyn

I didn't vote for him, and I am trouble by lots of stuff. Bailouts, Torture, Warrantless Wire Tap, a Staff of Retreads, Partisan Rhetoric, Bad Bowling....those were the things that I wanted change and that ain't changing.

Apr. 29 2009 10:15 AM
the truth from bkny

100 days and you still can't call him President or even Mr. Obama, brian leherer, that is rich.

Apr. 29 2009 10:10 AM
the truth from bkny

Very funny, did hallmark sell cards 8 years ago? If you're wondering yes, that is going to be my retort to every ridiculous comparison I hear today.

Apr. 29 2009 10:09 AM
Gary from UWS

Hey Obama devotees: 100 days in office and Guantanamo Bay is still open for business.

Apr. 29 2009 08:19 AM