Meet the Candidates: Sal Albanese

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

NYC Democratic Mayoral primary candidate Sal Albanese in the WNYC Studios

Our series of interviews with candidates for Mayor continues. Sal Albanese, former teacher, city council member and Democratic mayoral hopeful, discusses the campaign and his policy agenda.

The Truth from Becky

Ridiculous.

Jun. 26 2013 10:53 AM
jgarbuz from Queens

I'm now waiting for gay divorce, especially child custody decisions.

Jun. 26 2013 10:43 AM
jgarbuz from Queens

I'm for any decision that ultimately weakens and destroys the institution of marriage. What this decision ultimately accomplishes remains to be seen.

Jun. 26 2013 10:39 AM
Lenore from Manhattan

I want to comment about Sal! I saw him at a forum on the UWS and I was impressed. I would like to vote for him, though I guess that's the definition of a wasted vote. Even today, he doesn't get much of a hearing in Brian's show. He seems like a really independent voice, however.

Jun. 26 2013 10:34 AM
jgarbuz from Queens

What's wrong with exposing your penis to get women and gay votes?

Jun. 26 2013 10:34 AM

Weiner's ascendancy is due to the fact that Christine Quinn has made too many enemies on the left and is stumbling with damage control. And because the rest of the field is poor with the exception of De Blasio. The rest of the field, including this guy - are silly whiny caricatures.

I'm still a Quinn supporter - no matter what her flaws it's time for woman to run this city.

But it's nice to see that New Yorkers care about performance over poor personal behavior. Anthony Weiner needs to take sexual addiction and sexual harassment head on - then he can sell us his agenda.

Jun. 26 2013 10:34 AM
antonio from baySide

ok sticking to the issues...

Are you for single payer health care?

Since you were in the council, would you have tied a living wage to the development of the bronx armory?

End stop and frisk and a AG for the police dept...

Jun. 26 2013 10:30 AM

Jerking off is a disqualifier for him?
Grow up and get out of the bedrooms.

Jun. 26 2013 10:29 AM
jgarbuz from Queens

Why is it shocking? After all, Wiener's name, face and crotch all have wide pubic recognition :) Ooops, I meant public.

Jun. 26 2013 10:29 AM
gary from queens

BTW, i meant no pun when I wrote, "How to explain Weiner pulling out in front?"

But seriously, this is a pattern with Clintons and Clinton associates: Following a scandal, you run for office to gain legitimacy. Hilary did this. He political success was an effort to rehabilitate Bill's image.

Huma Aberdin is the wife of Weiner. Huma is considered part of the Clinton family. So Weiner is getting the support of the Clintons.

And it also helps Bill too. Anyone who succeeds politically following a sleazy sex scandal, helps Bill's legacy.

But remember, Weiner solicited a relationship with underaged teens. This will get out in the campaign now.

Jun. 26 2013 10:28 AM
Robert from NYC

I knew Wiener would make it. LOL.

Jun. 26 2013 10:26 AM
hilts

A Weiner victory would be horrific for NY, so I call upon Sal Albanese and all other Dems to drop out now and endorse Christine Quinn to stop Weiner.

Jun. 26 2013 10:25 AM
foodaggro from Brooklyn

Anthony Weiner leading in the poles? Isn't that what got him into trouble before?

Jun. 26 2013 10:22 AM
Dan from Greenpoint, BK

I'm wondering why so many people are surprised in the (maintained) popularity of Anthony Weiner.

It reflects New Yorker's continued faith in his abilities as a leader, ignoring, like Clinton, his abilities for self-destructive behavior.

It's because he's running, I'm voting at all. I will vote for him. Everyone else is too inside and beholden to the City king-makers.

Jun. 26 2013 10:17 AM
gary from queens

A Man Without a Tribe:
Why Weiner will get beaten hard.
By Ryan James Girdusky on 6.3.13 @ 6:08AM

Before i clicked on this American Spectator op-ed (above), I read the subtitle and thought, 'Well yeah, aren't they usually beaten hard?!'

But then I started reading the article and felt silly. The story is actually about Anthony Weiner's poor chances of winning the mayoralty election.

Turns out to be a serious NYC election analysis. But it's turning out to be wrong. The Marist poll says Weiner has now inched out (no pun intended) Rosie O'Donnell, Speaker of the City Counsel.

How to explain Weiner pulling out in front? Perhaps it's a sort of protest vote, in which the electorate is showing dissatisfaction with the choice of candidates?

I always felt that was how Washington Mayor Marion ("G–damn Bitch Set Me Up!") Barry got re-elected, following his conviction on drug possession.

But there was one other curious line in the article. it read:

The frontrunner, City Council Speaker Christine Quinn, Mayor Bloomberg’s right-hand woman, will also compete heavily for this voting bloc. Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney, beloved Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz, deceased Mayor Ed Koch, and feminist icon Gloria Steinem have already endorsed Quinn.
UNQUOTE

I did a spit-take after reading that: The "deceased Mayor Ed Koch [has] already endorsed Quinn"?!!

I knew Koch was very opinionated, but how the hell did he manage THAT?!

Jun. 26 2013 10:16 AM