Do Presidents Matter?

Thursday, June 06, 2013

Joseph Nye, University Distinguished Service Professor, former dean of Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government and the author of Presidential Leadership and the Creation of the American Era (Princeton University Press, May 26, 2013) examines eight presidencies to advise the current White House on effective foreign policy.

Joseph Nye
News, weather, Radiolab, Brian Lehrer and more.
Get the best of WNYC in your inbox, every morning.

Bob from Brooklyn

The US Empire is in decline. The problem is we still act like we're Number 1.

Jun. 06 2013 11:22 AM
Bob from Brooklyn

Ya know what? The US uses force too much. And it's usually not legitimate to kill innocent people in pursuit of 'terrorists'. The government has lost it's credibility.

Jun. 06 2013 11:21 AM

this is high comedy...my god you are doing PR work for the administartion, nice job.

Jun. 06 2013 11:18 AM
Joe from nearby

Very interesting guest...when I can hear him. He's a low talker.

Jun. 06 2013 11:17 AM
John A

My next-door neighbor used to be a presidential scholar. Thousands of biographies. These people, our presidents, set the tone for the whole country on it's best behavior.

Jun. 06 2013 11:13 AM
Bob from Brooklyn

In short, no. The Billionaires and Big Businesses are in control through legalized bribery a.k.a. Lobbying.

Jun. 06 2013 11:00 AM
john from office

LOL, you made me laugh Martin. While I may not agree with you, you do document your positions.

Jun. 06 2013 09:39 AM
Martin Chuzzlewit from Manhattan

I have been named the new interim Senator for New Jersey ... I'm too busy now.

Jun. 06 2013 08:55 AM
Ed from Larchmont

It's nice to be missed. Good luck with the foreign policy issues facing this administration.

Jun. 06 2013 08:46 AM
john from office

I just checked the comments section and there are no sweeping and intellectually challenged comments from Martin and Ed. What is going on??? Are they together? Have they retired their "evil twins" show??

I am disappointed