Previewing the New Senator

Friday, January 23, 2009

Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer and Assemblywoman Deborah Glick preview the selection of Kirsten Gillibrand as Governor Paterson's pick to replace Hillary Clinton as senator.

Deborah Glick and Scott M. Stringer
News, weather, Radiolab, Brian Lehrer and more.
Get the best of WNYC in your inbox, every morning.

mc from Brooklyn

I'm from Ohio. What about me?

Jan. 23 2009 01:07 PM
hjs from 11211

i came from NJ
can i not run for state government?

Jan. 23 2009 12:35 PM
mc from Brooklyn

Jay #4, Agreed. She also won two elections at a lower level.

P.S. Hillary came from Illinois, then Arkansas, then DC.

Jan. 23 2009 12:07 PM
Jay F. from manhattan

At least she comes from NYS... Hillary came form Arkansas via D.C.

Jan. 23 2009 12:01 PM
Robert from NYC

Interestingly and yet disappointingly lately lots of stories are jumping the gun in the media and they are getting lots of stories screwed up. In the name of getting out the story first, we the people are getting wrong information. Wake up!! You're doing a bad bad job, media.

Jan. 23 2009 12:00 PM
mc from Brooklyn

I am glad to see Stringer modify his position. I am so sick of knee-jerk politics.

I think that Paterson may have been a little clumsy but I do not think he is at fault for the media frenzy. That was fostered by Bloomburg, his aides and Kennedy's underlings.

Jan. 23 2009 11:58 AM
mc from Brooklyn

Is she really the only member of the NY delegation to vote against the TARP?

I like and admire Scott Stringer. I wish he would give her some time and then evaluate her record before running against her in a primary.

Jan. 23 2009 11:53 AM