2008 News Quiz: Presidential Issues

Monday, December 29, 2008

For the first round of our annual quiz show, Richard Wolfe joins us from Newsweek. Richard is the magazine's senior White House correspondent, and will grill listeners on their knowledge of this year's campaign trail - and the cast of characters that traveled it.

Richard Wolffe

Nicholas P. Vessio from Sea Cliff,New York

Sorry for the spelling errors I was not able to proff read my comment because my sister rushed me off the computer. NPV

Dec. 29 2008 02:49 PM
Nicholas P. Vessio from Sea Cliff,New York

A blessed New year to all Liberals from an Independent... it's been a real roller coaster
of a year.We elected president with hardly and real substantive background other than the fact that he is a lawyer. A lawyer who could not recall hearing the disgusting vitriol of reverenr Wright's sermons. Although,he(Obama)attendend Wright's "church" for twenty years.In a ddition, Obama has been a personal friend of willial ayers the domestic terrorist who wasa member of the weather underground an organization who bombed the pentagon and the NYPD police headquarters. The NYPD bombing blinded one detective and maimed another. Yet Obama claims that he hardly knew ayers. Regarding George W. Bush, I feel that he was an absolute disaster as president . However, I hate him for very different reasons than Liberals. You favorite whipping boy will be gone (thank God" after
Obama is innagurated. I am one quarter Jewish (mother's side) and it simply amazes me that the chosen people from two thousand years ago could reclaim "their land" May 14, 1948 and displace hundreds of thousands of Palestinians AND in the infamous Lavon Affair killed Americans as well as the British. Wait it gets worse. In the 1967 Arab Israeli war the Israeli military shot and killed thirty four American sailors on the USS Liberty war ship that was present during this conflict. Enough said.The spying and the massacres will continue.. There will never be peace in this region. NPV, Sea Cliff, N.Y.

Dec. 29 2008 12:43 PM
soren from manhattan

Clapton is as important as Page, is he not?

Dec. 29 2008 11:15 AM
O from Forest Hills

If they are paying Executives $300k, I hope they are paying Brian Lehrer at least $150,000. He deserves at least that. I love this show. I am living below poverty level currently, but as I get more money I will pledge money to wnyc.

Dec. 29 2008 10:33 AM
Humanity from NYC

While WNYC white washes major events,

How convenient is it that Obama can speak out against the War in Iraq and in Afghanistan and the economy although there is a sitting present, on this issue he is silent on these Israeli massacres, he defers to Bush, that are being condemned around the world.

Dec. 29 2008 10:28 AM

McClelland

Dec. 29 2008 10:12 AM
The Truth from Atlanta/New York

kennedy

Dec. 29 2008 10:11 AM
Nick from NYC

As you are asked to donate to WNYC today, think about Laura Walker's salary of over $300,000.

I am a member and encourage you to donate, but also suggest that you urge WNYC to review and adjust the salaries of their top executives to something more in line with the ethos of public radio!

Dec. 29 2008 10:11 AM