He (Hearts) New York

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Chris Bonanos, senior editor at New York Magazine, looks at reasons to (still) love New York.

Chris Bonanos
News, weather, Radiolab, Brian Lehrer and more.
Get the best of WNYC in your inbox, every morning.

fancy-socks from Manhattan

I love Animal Care and Control!

AKA "the dog pound" where you can go and walk dogs and pet them and see kitties and even chickens and rabbits and if you see something you like, take it home with you! The Manhattan shelter is on 1st. Ave. at like 110th St. and it is so much cheaper and easier to adopt there and see animals there than at the near-by ASPCA. But they all do good work.

Dec. 18 2008 12:17 PM
Ethan from Brooklyn

The cheaper rents that have come with the economic crisis!

Dec. 18 2008 11:56 AM
Nancy from Brooklyn

Brooklyn Botanic Garden:

Free weekday admission through the end of February!

Dec. 18 2008 11:54 AM
SteverR from Manhattan

Robert Moses would look at the streets of today and a say: "See, I told you so, we need more highways to keep the traffic flowing..."

Dec. 18 2008 11:53 AM
suki from williamsburg

I love New York for a million reasons, one of which is that I don't have to wait a month to see independent films (as you do everywhere but New York and LA).

Dec. 18 2008 11:52 AM
Dubya from soho

Being cussed by a cabbie strangely warms my heart.

Dec. 18 2008 11:52 AM
AWM from UWS

Central Park

Dec. 18 2008 11:52 AM
Annaliese Griffin from Brooklyn

#31 Our butchers have groupies

Marlow and Daughters opens for business at noon today. As his fiance, I suppose you could say I'm Tom Mylan's number one groupie. I was in the shop last night and everything looks fantastic. There's an enormous beef heart in the case, down in front of gigantic t-bones and ribeyes. Not to mention a ton of pork and beautiful sausages. Brooklyn rules the meat world, apparently.

Dec. 18 2008 11:47 AM
O from Forest Hills

I love NY because I met a wonderful Jewish man here that I love and opened my mind to a whole new world. The sun shines brighter and everything sparkles like in a winter wonderland after the new snowfall in winter.

Come to NY and you might just fall in love! I know I did.:)

Dec. 18 2008 11:44 AM