How Many Sarah Palins?

Friday, October 31, 2008

Crystal Field, director of the Village Halloween Costume Ball and director of Theater for the New City, and Billie Cohen, deputy editor of Time Out New York, talk about what costumes we might see this Halloween. Send your Halloween pics to the BL Show Flickr Pool. Instructions Here!

Billie Cohen and Crystal Field

Steve from Brooklyn

The Bailout Package costume on your Flickr Stream is priceless.

Oct. 31 2008 12:20 PM
Frank from Brooklyn

My wife is going as Sarah Palin's Head on a Platter. She made a round table top, slipped it over her head. Put a tablecloth on it and slipped a platter over her head. Then stuck her not less than Tina Fey look alike head in there with the glasses and hairdo. Then she put some real Tom Savini type latex and blood goo around her neck and wala!-head on a platter. Plus its still alive, it says "also" alot and "you betcha" and so on.

Oct. 31 2008 11:03 AM
hjs from 11211

you people are so creative!

Oct. 31 2008 10:58 AM
Robert from NYC

I remember the first Village Halloween parades. It went from WestBeth up Bleecker St to 10th St at the Jefferson Library. I used to watch it from my friends living room window on Bleecker @ 10th street. It was small and lots of fun with absolutely great costumes that the artist parents of the kids made. It was much smaller then and a lot more community. I never went to the larger one on 6th. I watch it on TV... you can see it better. (I'm short)

Oct. 31 2008 10:57 AM
Bobby G from East Village

CUT DOWN ON POLICE OVERTIME. Considering the City's fiscal situation, we don't need 100 cops standing on the corner of 14th St. and 6th Ave. doing nothing. The Halloween Parade is not a high crime, big arrest event. Maybe 50 cops on the corner doing nothing is enough.

Oct. 31 2008 10:57 AM
Amy from Manhattan

I think 1992 was the 1st year I dressed as Election Day, wearing a large sheet of paper I made into a calendar page around my neck, w/a Post-It stuck to it saying, "This is the scariest thing I could think of!"

Someone I know at work is going as Palin...wearing an Obama button.

Oct. 31 2008 10:57 AM
Mimi from Manhattan

I am going as a Zombie with an obama tee shirt. i will say "More Brains!"

Oct. 31 2008 10:56 AM
MMN from Midtown Manhattan

Oops - typed too quickly - Recession Mary - that is.

Oct. 31 2008 10:53 AM
Liz from Westchester

I'm dressed as an ear of corn for Halloween. I work at a college and I am talking to the students about the truth about corn. A bit corny I know but the political candidates have not done a good job talking about food politics.

Oct. 31 2008 10:53 AM
Caitlin from Brooklyn

Because I am a HUGE nerd, I am dressing up as NPR tonight- I made a dress that looks like a giant version of the NPR logo, and I'll be carrying my WNYC tote bag full of Michael Pollan, David Sedaris, and Sarah Vowell books as well as my ipod hooked up to tiny speakers playing lots of podcasts. (Unfortunately, I didn't have time to find Ira Glass glasses.)

Oct. 31 2008 10:52 AM
Karen from Manhattan

We're going as Joe McCarthy and the judges at the Salem witch trial, and we're carrying McCain campaign material.

Oct. 31 2008 10:51 AM
maw from nyc

My costume? Pig in lipstick.

Oct. 31 2008 10:48 AM
MMN from Midtown Manhattan

I'm putting on an old hat and going to the parade as Resession Mary.

Oct. 31 2008 10:48 AM
Anne Chandler from Charleston, South Carolina

I am going to Halloween Party dressed as Ashley Todd, the former McCain volunteer who carved a letter "B" backwards on her check as if she were a pumpkin, and blackened her own eye. Although, Charleston is a progressive, liberal town, for the South, I will probably put my costume on at Vickery's (where the party is) in order not to get run of the road while riding my bike to my destination.

Oct. 31 2008 10:06 AM
Renae Baker from Montclair, NJ

I'm going as Sarah Palin, but added to the Tina Fey glasses and short business jacket will be a real, Russian fur hat, with flaps at the ears, and a cardboard window frame to look through. The signage will say: "Foreign relations expert".

Oct. 31 2008 10:05 AM