Let's Do the Numbers

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Peter Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute, and Terry Madonna, director of the Center for Politics and Public Affairs at Franklin and Marshall College, talk about the latest poll numbers, particularly in the swing states.

Peter Brown and Terry Madonna
News, weather, Radiolab, Brian Lehrer and more.
Get the best of WNYC in your inbox, every morning.

Liz from Savannah, Georgia

Brian from NYC -- Although I live in the South, I'm a WNYC member and a regular listener, so I'm glad to have a New York perspective on the national news -- it's at a much higher level than we can get in many "regular" places.

Oct. 31 2008 10:45 AM
brian from nyc

Hey Brian...How many shows are talking about this election? About a milllion. Now, how many shows are talking about NYC elections? You are a LOCAL show in the best friggin' locality in the world. Why don't you focus on local news - the presidential election and other national news is pretty much covered. I doubt your gonna add anything noteworthy above and beyond the noise everyone else is making. Local news is impossible to find and it has the biggest impact on our lives. 1010 WINS? Car accidents, weather and stories about poor babies falling out of windows is not news that will impact me. I need YOU to look outside your window and tell me what's going on in MY city. I don't need another mouth making more irrelevant banter about news that I can get anywhere.

Oct. 30 2008 11:31 PM
Karen from Manhattan

Obama doesn't need Ohio to win. McCain, on the other hand, cannot lose Pennsylvania, where he's currently down by 12 percentage ponits.

Oct. 30 2008 10:52 AM
The Truth from Atlanta/New York

Negative ad campaigns and all...NOT WORKING!!

Oct. 30 2008 10:52 AM
The Truth from Atlanta/New York

Just came from early voting in Atlanta, GA...this one is pretty much a wrap folks!!

Oct. 30 2008 10:51 AM
The Truth from Atlanta/New York

Brian, not sure what point you are trying to make by staying on this topic. If the next president is tested it will be because of George Bush. But why do you keep going back to this is just pure evil intent.

Oct. 30 2008 10:50 AM
hjs from 11211

some pollster keeps calling my home number. they usually call during work hours, but if i'm home and the caller id says it's them, i won't answer the phone

Oct. 30 2008 10:38 AM
Patrick D. Pagnano from New York City

Ask your guest about an article in the NYtimes that stated 60% plus USA corporations paid little or no taxes. So why should they get lower corporate taxes.

Thanks

Oct. 30 2008 10:30 AM
beth landau from nj

7 11 coffee cup survey. Any good?

Oct. 30 2008 10:17 AM
Edward from NJ

The Quinnipiac numbers have Obama at 53 in PA. The undecideds are irrelevant based on that. McCain needs people to switch.

Oct. 30 2008 10:13 AM
BORED

Who cares about Obama just watching the Republicans go the way of the Whig party is worth all this nonsense.

Oct. 30 2008 10:13 AM
Peter from Flatbush, Brooklyn

A friend of mine isw an Exec at verizon, he told me that they estimate abotu 15% of the us population is cell phone only. That does not include cell phone and VoIP users. Are the various polling methodologies taking that into account?

Oct. 30 2008 10:11 AM
Steve from Brooklyn

Brian,
I'm an Obama supporter and I'm feeling pretty confident and cocky. The electoral numbers are pretty clear. That said, we all still need to make a full push in the last few days.
But let's be honest...this race is over.

Oct. 30 2008 10:09 AM
BL Show from Varick St. Studios

[[Moderator Writes: PLEASE remember to keep your comments civil and productive, per the WNYC posting policy. Thank you.
-BL Show-]]

Oct. 30 2008 10:08 AM
SF from Nov. 4th

Who are these people that are polled and can I sign up to be polled?

Oct. 30 2008 09:55 AM