Is 15% Good News For Anthony Weiner?

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Anthony Weiner

A new Marist poll released today (read it below) shows former Congressman Anthony Weiner (who resigned in the wake of a Twitter sex scandal) would recieve 15% of the Mayoral vote, second only to Christine Quinn. Lee Mirginoff, Director of Marist Institute of Public Polling, discusses what the poll tells us, and what it may mean for Weiner as he decides whether to enter the race.

News, weather, Radiolab, Brian Lehrer and more.
Get the best of WNYC in your inbox, every morning.

Mandy

I think he should remain a "stay at home dad" and let his wife Huma run for mayor - she seems to have it much more together than he does: I'd vote for her.

Apr. 17 2013 11:26 AM
RKcreative from Brooklyn, NY

I would vote for Weiner in a heartbeat. He was a great Congressman. I was sorry he resigned over such a trifle. If we want a true believer in the middle and working class to run NYC, he's the man. Under Quinn, we've seen living in NYC, including the outer boroughs, become unaffordable. She's never seen a real estate developer she didn't like. She had to pulled kicking and screaming to support paid sick leave and did it only because it was political suicide not to. She's Bloomberg light. If you want a champion of the middle class, WITH A TRACK RECORD OF MIDDLE CLASS SUPPORT, vote for Weiner. Quinn lead the Bloomberg 29 in the City Council who helped Bloomberg to buy a third term. Restore NYC back to middle class New Yorkers who are being priced out at every level.

Apr. 17 2013 11:22 AM
The Truth from Becky

Hope not but there are 22% undecided

Apr. 17 2013 11:19 AM
jgarbuz from Queens

How's this for an election ditty? (to the tune of Oscar Meyer wiener:

"Would you like to have an Oscar Wiener wiener?"

I think all the mayoral candidates should all just whip it out to find out who's man enough to rule our "progressive" city.

Apr. 17 2013 10:58 AM
oona from nyc

Will not vote for the guy.
There are plenty of other good candidates.

Apr. 17 2013 10:57 AM
jm

Have we simply run out of Democratic candidates? Are there really no more within the 5 boroughs?

Apr. 17 2013 10:57 AM
Lena from Brooklyn

I hope he runs if only so I don't have to vote for any of the other candidates! I was sad to see him resign.

Apr. 17 2013 10:57 AM
mick from Manhattan

Anyone Not-Quinn.

Apr. 17 2013 10:57 AM
Tony from Canarsie

Even though Weiner notoriously has an ego as big as the Woolworth Building, and a sequoia-sized chip on his shoulder, I'd vote for him.

Apr. 17 2013 10:56 AM
Truth & Beauty from Brooklyn

I think the impression of Weinergate is still too fresh in our minds. He needs to take a break.

Apr. 17 2013 10:55 AM
jgarbuz from Queens

We should we should just select our mayors on penis size? "Stand up for Wiener. Wiener's wiener will stand up for you!"

How's that? But would he lose the Lesbian vote?

Apr. 17 2013 10:55 AM

Quitter and hypocrite
Will anyone ever stand up for men to be men!

Apr. 17 2013 10:21 AM
sanych

Fifteen or fifty percent - size does not matter. The good news for Weiner that quite a few people think that he is not yet a schnitzel.

Apr. 17 2013 10:17 AM
Robert from NYC

He'd get my vote, Weiner that is, although I'm conflicted because I like deBlasio and would vote for him if Weiner weren't running. But as far as any of those other candidates? NOTHING, not interested in them. So as far as I'm concerned I'd have to see how he and De Blasio differ and decide between them.

Apr. 17 2013 10:05 AM