Boston Marathon Bombing Updates
Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Updates from Boston in the wake of the bombings at the marathon that left 3 dead and over 150 injured: how the investigation is going, how you can help, and implications for New York area security.
- NYPD Comissioner Ray Kelly on how cities try to prevent, and respond to, events like this, and any possible implications for New York
- Jessica Stern, a fellow at the FXB Center for Health and Human Rights at the Harvard School of Public Health, who served on President Clinton’s National Security Council Staff in 1994–95, on the investigation into the bombing
- Dr. Irwin Redlener, director of the National Center for Disaster Preparedness at Columbia School of Public Health, on how communities respond to disaster
- Devlin Barrett, Wall Street Journal reporter covering the Boston marathon bombings
- Boston.com editor Ron Agrella
Plus your comments. Do you have a connection to the Boston area? Where you in Boston for the marathon yesterday? What's your reaction to the events? Call 212-433-9692 or post here.
Mayor Menino: "Boston will overcome."— WNYC(@WNYC) April 16, 2013
Boston Marathon Explosion Resources
- Concerned Families: 617-635-4500
- Witnesses: 800-494-TIPS
- Google person finder
- If you were in Boston for the marathon and/or witness to the explosion WNYC gathering stories 855-8-MY-WNYC