Photo credit: @julesdwit.
A not-for-profit media organization supported by people like you.
New Jersey Senator Frank Lautenberg (D) talks about his candidacy and tomorrow's Democratic primary.
There is no way Lautenberg should be allowed to seek another term.
He is too old.
Look at Byrd and Strom older than the hills and completely useless as representatives.
There should be age limits!
McCain is too old.
3: Thank you, Jon Stewart!
Death is the new 50
Helping the middle-class:
(1) repeal Bush tax cuts;
(2) repeal the AMT;
(3) raise the capital gain tax to 20% BUT
(4) restore the one-time capital gains tax exemption for the sale of a primary residence for taxpayers over age 58 AND
(5) tax the first $500,000 in capital gains in a 401K at 15% (because the 401K and primary residence are the primary retirement funding vehicles for middle-class taxpayers).
Re social security:
(1) max out at $102,000
(2) donut hole up to $400,000
(3) FICA payments resume at $400,000 through $750,000.
This will prevent additional taxes from being imposed on the urban professional class, i.e., doctors, lawyers, accountants who are already paying high federal, state, local and property taxes.
84 is the new 64
Email addresses are required but never displayed.
Brian Lehrer leads the conversation about what matters most now in local and national politics, our own communities and our lives.
Subscribe on iTunes
Brian Lehrer Weekend: The Nation Magazine, Des Bishop & Eva Moskowitz
WNYC 93.9 FM and AM 820 are New York's flagship public radio
stations, broadcasting the finest programs from NPR, PRI and American Public Media, as well as a wide range of award-winning local
programming. WNYC is a division of
New York Public Radio.