Recipe: Yogurt with Toasted Quinoa, Dates, and Almonds
From Amanda Hesser, on Food52.com
Friday, March 15, 2013
Serves 1 (can easily be doubled, tripled, etc.)
- 1/2 tablespoon red quinoa
- 5 shelled pistachios (raw or salted, either will work), chopped
- 5 almonds, chopped
- 6 ounces whole milk Greek yogurt
- 2 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- Pinch of freshly grated lemon zest
- Flaky sea salt or other coarse salt -- or olive salt if you can get hold of some
- 1 to 2 teaspoons best quality olive oil
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Pour the quinoa into a small saute pan and place over medium heat. Toast the quinoa -- it will begin popping when it's toasted, and as soon as it is pour it into a bowl to cool. Spread the pistachios and almonds in a small baking dish and toast in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Spread the yogurt on a small plate or shallow bowl. Sprinkle on the quinoa, pistachios, almonds, and dates. Fleck with lemon zest and sea salt, and finish with a sprinkling of olive oil.