A recent blog post by writer Nate Thayer has sparked a conversation about journalists working for free. We broaden the conversation to all fields— do you work for free? Have you created rules for yourself about when to give away your work? Let us know at 212-433-9692, or post a comment here.
A Nate Thayer "Life of a Freelance Journalist" Primer
- Nate Thayer's Original Post
- The Atlantic Responds: Official Response | Atlantic Editor Alexis Madrigal
- Brian Lehrer Show Facebook Conversation
- Branch Conversation Among Editors and Writers
- Flow Chart: Should I Work for Free?
- Tumblr: Who Pays Writers?
- Slate's Matthew Yglesias on Writing for Free
- Felix Salmon of Reuters on Internet Economics