Paging Dorothy Parker

Monday, April 07, 2008

I Was Told There'd Be Cake author Sloane Crosley on surviving a bridetatorship, working with butterflies, and being a vegetarian--yet craving sushi.

Sloane Crosley will be reading at 7pm tonight at the Tribeca Barnes & Noble, 97 Warren Street.

Sloane Crosley

Andrew from Skokie, IL

I just stumbled upon Sloane Crosley's novel this week while wandering around my neighborhood bookstore,
and after reading a little bit of it decided to buy it.
I have to say it's really good... very funny, entertaining, and I think, very relatable as well.

Andrew
Skokie, IL

Apr. 24 2008 05:44 PM
et from here

Wow Brian...
It was pretty undignified of you to have made fun of 'ugly' people...who are to your amazement, coupled.

Wow...

Apr. 07 2008 11:12 AM
Jeff from Pinta Sands

Wow Emily, should we all shut ourselves in and not share anything about our experiences? I don't think anyone is saying that YOU should care about MS. CROSLEY. It's about relating, and perhaps lightening things up a bit.
Go to the library then, no one is forcing anyone to buy anything, or even suggesting, for that matter. Sheesh.

Apr. 07 2008 11:00 AM
Trixie from NYC

First of all, if Ms. Crosley find Atlas moths disgusting then perhaps she shouldn't be working at a butterfly exhibit, and secondly, there is always someone at the museum. I should know because I worked the graveyard shift there for years.

Apr. 07 2008 10:58 AM
kashish from New York

Atlas Moth IS pretty:

hah!

Apr. 07 2008 10:57 AM
Mike from Northern Manhattan

Sloane actually should be a butterfly-moth scientist. Look how much she learned by accidentally taking that rare butterfly/moth.

Apr. 07 2008 10:56 AM
emily from manhattan

there's a lot of people out there who are disappointed with life and have humorous personal experiences, but why should the rest of us buy your book? why should WE care about YOU?

Apr. 07 2008 10:53 AM