Food Fridays: What Do You Want to Learn How to Make?

Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 03:50 PM

Our first Food Friday includes a look at how to make red wine vinegar, sriracha sauce and other condiments at home. Do-it-yourself projects are a big part of our Food Fridays series, so tell us: What do you want to learn how to make? Is it beer? Bread? Greek-style yogurt? Pickles?

Tell us in comments section below, and we’ll see if we can include it in a future Food Fridays DIY segment!

Tags:

More in:

Florence Martin

On air today, Leonard said he would post the Brussel Sprout recipe and the minnestrone recipe. I do not see them. Thank you

Mar. 22 2013 01:38 PM
Marianne from Yorktown Heights

I know I'm late to the programme but just wanted to say that my Italian friend uses a piece of uncooked pasta as the "mother" when making vinegar. Wondering what your guest thinks of that.

Mar. 01 2013 03:01 PM
JOE RUSSIELLO from ny

Is there a difference between a raw almound & one that I roast -- no salt

Mar. 01 2013 01:50 PM
Robert Plautz from New York City

Could you please explain further your comment that "peanuts are not nuts."

Mar. 01 2013 01:46 PM
Nora from Brooklyn

Please ask Dr. Ramsey about milk. 2% or whole? What are the health benefits and differences?
I know children in particular need fat for their brain development, but what about adults?

Mar. 01 2013 01:45 PM
James Murphu from Manhattan

I just bought some cardoons at Fairway. Any suggestions on how to cook them?

Mar. 01 2013 12:02 PM

Sponsored

About The Lodown

The Lodown is a blog about everything brought to you by the staff of the Leonard Lopate Show (Leonard will even drop by from time to time)! We cover food, art, politics, history, science and much more -- literally everything from Picasso to pork pies. Tips and suggestions are welcome so please send us your thoughts, curiosities and intellectual detritus!

Feeds