Fashion Month: Sustainability

Friday, March 01, 2013

Models walk the runway during Fashion's Night Out: The Show at Lincoln Center on September 7, 2010 in New York City. (Photo by Bryan Bedder/Getty Images for Conde Nast)

Hazel Clark, professor in the MA Fashion Studies Program and research chair of Fashion at Parsons The New School for Design and the co-author of The Fabric of Cultures: Fashion, Identity, and Globalization, concludes the February series on New York's place in the global fashion picture. This week: sustainability.

Hazel Clark
News, weather, Radiolab, Brian Lehrer and more.
Get the best of WNYC in your inbox, every morning.

Design Historian

Caught the end of this yesterday, and came back to listen to the entire show today. Could this and will this be a contin uing discussion on air? Hazel Clark offered critical insight into the multitude of approaches to sustainability in fashion in our global world. A treat, indeed! Looking forward to more!

Mar. 02 2013 09:50 AM
Lucy Frend from New York

I called in, love WNYC! I'm all over upcycling. I buy near perfect vintage silk scarfs and make silk tops out of them. You just can't find colours and patterns like that today. wwww.lucyfrend.com

Mar. 01 2013 12:43 PM
kate mcgregor from Brooklyn, NY

I have a boutique in Brooklyn dedicated to sustainable fashion: www.kaightshop.com. I'd love to hear any thoughts/questions on the topic.

Thanks!
Kate

Mar. 01 2013 11:43 AM
Mielen

Clementine, I need a seamstress! Where are you?

Mar. 01 2013 11:40 AM
Olivia

great segment! Can anyone who does this sort of stuff for a living please leave their contact info?

THANKS!!

Mar. 01 2013 11:38 AM
Shannon

I know there are designers at can restyle that "what do I do with my wedding dress" into something one can wear for other occasions...

Mar. 01 2013 11:36 AM
Noach (Independent, Anti-Corporate Traditionalist) from Brooklyn

"Reduce. Re-use. Recycle."

(In that order)

Mar. 01 2013 11:34 AM
Lisa from NYC

This song glamorizes thrift shopping... love it!
It also makes a statement about paying $50 for shirt.

Mar. 01 2013 11:31 AM