Chat Transcript: Downton Abbey Season Finale

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

We spent the final Downton of the year in the company of our fellow Abbeyfiles as we live-chatted the finale. Read the transcript of our chat below.

Tags:

More in:

Nan from Canada

One thing I am sure of and that is, I have a choice not to watch DA again. The details in the story are impressive but good heavens can't a "character" be replaced with another actor? They are only characters. I realize that Coronatioin Street is very different, but it goes on and on for its watchers to enjoy. I guess it must be making money........ DA had a super idea and should have followed the whole estate through to perhaps a home in London, Lady Mary as a Member of Parliament perhaps. Just my thoughts.

Feb. 23 2013 04:23 PM
Sunny from hershey pa

Liked that someone tried to serve obrien some crow back for a change it was shame it backfired but kind of funny at the same time to see mr moseley come to life

Feb. 17 2013 11:13 PM
sunny from hershey pa

great season finale but pretty weird too. Everybody is falling in love and then matthew dies? I usually like mrs.hughes but don't get why she doesn't want that maid with matthew ? She seems likes cares about people but I think she might be a little jealous the person didn't come to the fair with her.
Felt bad for Rose that her parent's have decided she is the problem not them.

Feb. 17 2013 11:05 PM
M from Vermont

For God's sake! I haven't invested this much time in a show and then been so angry and disappointed about how the show goes in many, many years. If they do anything to Anna and Mr Bates, I think I'll swear off British drama series for a while. If you didn't like what happened at the end of this season of Downton Abbey, never watch To Serve Them All My Days or The Citadel though they are both incredible! My PBS station is asking for money now...not the best idea since most people probably got mad and turned off the TV!!!!

Feb. 17 2013 10:43 PM
ema4mom

I already watched this on DVD, so I am keeping my mouth shut - but thoroughly enjoying the comments!

Feb. 17 2013 09:46 PM