Sean Bell Update

Friday, February 22, 2008

The Sean Bell trial begins on Monday in Queens. New York Daily News staff writer Nicole Bode and New York Times reporter Michael Wilson comment on the latest developments in the trial.

Nicole Bode and Michael Wilson

rickson

hmm what happend to the post I left the other day? its nowhere to be found, I wonder why, hmm

[Moderator Note: You are welcome to email blshow@wnyc.org with this question, if you can provide specifics about yout comment. Thanks.]

Mar. 06 2008 10:40 AM
Art from New York, New York

If the cops thought they, or someone else, was in danger, and that is why they shot, then the shooting could be justified.

Skin tone has nothing to do with this matter, unless I am mistaken.

The real outrage should be directed at those members of society convicting people before they are guilty of any crime, including whoever has decided this local NYC issue is so important that it deserves a link, 'Sean Bell Coverage', on this page.

Feb. 22 2008 04:17 PM
Noah Wimmer from The Bronx

I'm not black and I'm outraged when power is abused on the expoited.

Feb. 22 2008 11:34 AM
Seamis O'Haggis from Bronx

Why are blacks so outraged?

Feb. 22 2008 11:26 AM
Noah Wimmer from The Bronx

AND the they were undercover, I'd try to get out of there to if some guy was waving a gun at me! (It's happened to me, and it's not fun)

Police shootings are messed up, by why would anyone do what an armed ununiformed man tells you to do. They thought they were in danger, (which they obviously were) tried to get away and got screwed.

That's murder, not manslaughter. We'll be lucky if they get even a year in jail.

Feb. 22 2008 11:19 AM
michael winslow from INWOOD

See Sean Bell gets one comment.

It's sad the NYPD shoots and kills people without cause and they were probably drunk when they did it and no one cares any more.

this was the effect they were looking for.

The Queens DA has delayed and postponed this trial so people would forget. They got what they wanted.

Feb. 22 2008 10:34 AM
michael winslow from INWOOD

Sean Bell Who?

The guy is gunned down in the street before his wedding and the entire city has forgotten.

If Sean Bell was white you bet there would have been a trial already.

Actually that's wrong he would never have been shot.

Feb. 22 2008 10:10 AM