Open Phones: Listeners' "Lists"

Monday, December 31, 2007

Listeners call in with what's on their lists of "Things to Do Before I Die." What's on your list?
News, weather, Radiolab, Brian Lehrer and more.
Get the best of WNYC in your inbox, every morning.

Graham from Paris

#2 : make a "Things to Do Before I Die." list.

#1 Buy a pencil and paper.

Dec. 31 2007 11:16 AM
Tabitha from Clinton Hill, Brooklyn

I am very, very impressed, John. Hey, Brian: can you keep John's list on your site, and let him check them off as he finishes them? :)

Dec. 31 2007 10:59 AM
John Hahn from NJ

Own and travel the US in a personal rail car.

Visit the grand Canyon

Ride the colorado river

Visit and stand on the 4 corners AZ UT CO NM

Run a marathon. Maybe

go to College world series with my son.

build a house -

buy a 7 person bike.

visit the rest of the 50 states I have not been to.

visit Mt Rushmore.

DO the cross Iowa Bike ride with my kids.

Visit all MLB stadiums.

Go to Whad ya Know in Madison.

Dec. 31 2007 10:57 AM
korin from brooklyn

tabitha, i strongly think that the problem with 2007 was the presidency. we have had a terrible cultural spill-over from this disappointing presidency. the standards for everything "american" have been so reduced that everything is just much more mediocre. we're all having a pretty terrible time and it seem s like evil is winning. hopefully hope will return in 2009.

happy new year.

Dec. 31 2007 10:55 AM
Tabitha from Clinton Hill, Brooklyn

Mine may be kind of mundane, but I'm posting it to strengthen my resolve. Maybe you can call me out on it at some point during '08:

1) I have to finish up my undergrad's degree. I've only got three more classes, and two of them are the result of failing them this past semester;

2) I want to figure out what it was about 2007 that was so terrible for so many of my friends and the world at large. Star alignment? Unforseen psychological effect of global warning? I'm gonna find out;

3) That hedonistic one you just mentioned was a good one: I'm going to get as (safely?) high as I've ever been in my entire life. Maybe the day after I get my degree.

Happy 2008 to you and your staff,

Tabitha

Dec. 31 2007 10:52 AM
korin from brooklyn

Why would you say, "the movie with Jack Nicholson about 2 guys..." Who's the other guy? It just happens to be Morgan Freeman! You can't remember his name? It sounds terrible to say, "the Jack Nicholson movie about 2 guys..." Terrible.

Dec. 31 2007 10:52 AM