When Art Mirrors Life

Friday, December 14, 2007

Felicia "Snoop" Pearson, actress on The Wire, connects her life to the HBO series and talks about her new memoir.

Grace After Midnight: A Memoir is available for purchase at Amazon.com.
If you can't see the video click here

Felicia "Snoop" Pearson

Petra C. Felton from Philly, PA

I love this girl, her work on the Wire was breath taking. I am so rooting for her. She deserves to have a chance to live a good life and do positives things. It is so refreshing to see a regular person from the hood to have this opportunity. My prayers are with this youngster and I truly wish her much success.
May God continue to be with you and may you always share your blessing with others who can use the encouragement and support. Keep up the excellent work!

Aug. 13 2008 11:34 AM
keke

i think snoop is an very intelligent person she is one of the reasons why i had started watching/or liking the wire absolutely so much.but umm yea she is one of my role modles because she is someone that i can look up 2 and that i havent got her book yet but i am going 2 buy it.but anyawayz snoop i luv you so much i wish that i can meet you 1 day and that i really hope nutthin but the best 4 u and that good things will happen 2 u,and that u deserve to b were u r now of accheiving good things so yea luv ya!=]and stay up and keep doin wut yew doin dnt let nobody bring u down stay you...peace and outie~~

Aug. 06 2008 07:20 AM
g from atl

i love her swagga shes just so laid back and i cant wait to see her in more roles

Jun. 03 2008 04:45 PM
Jessica from Centreville, V.A

Hey, Whats Going on. I watch the Wire every Wednesday. i hardly see you on the show. but i watch it to see whats new. Hoping to read your book shortly it looks good, and to learn more about you. Let me kno you got this one, Later

May. 20 2008 01:52 PM
Imagine Me from Philly

I WOULD LEAVE A HUNDRED MILLION COMMENTS, BUT I'LL KEEP IT CUTE.

IMAGINE ME ON IMEEM.

WWW.MYSPACE/ALLFORPAPER

SNOOP,

GET AT ME!

B-MORE TO PA STAND UP!

Apr. 08 2008 03:42 PM
Imagine Me from Philly

WWW.MYSPACE/ALLFORPAPER
IMAGINE ME ON IMEEM (LISTEN UP)

SNOOP,

WHAT'S GOOD? WHEN ARE YOU COMING TO PHILLY? CAN YOU HAVE A CONTEST (SO I CAN WIN) TO MET YOU?

COME ON....

WHAT'S GOOD?

Apr. 08 2008 03:41 PM
Imagine Me from Philly

WHEN ARE YOU COMING TO PHILLY?

CHECK ME OUT ON IMEEM AND AFP ON MYSPACE

Apr. 08 2008 03:40 PM
Imagine Me from Philly

IMAGING ME ON IMEEM....SNOOP---I'M UR NUMBER ONE FAN! B-MORE STAND UP!

Apr. 08 2008 03:39 PM
Imagine Me from Philly

I first want to say (to Felicia), "You are amazing. I've read the book and heard your voice speaking the words TO ME. I'm so glad that you were giving a THIRD chance at life. I'll see you soon! I will be there to see you AND HAVE ME A BOTTLE READY. If only I knew you then..we'll be cool now. Just watching your interviews and following your story--I'm liking who I'm getting to know. A real person (Pearson)."

Second, TO ALL OF SNOOP FAN'S, "IM NUMBER ONE."

Apr. 08 2008 03:38 PM
Marilyn Strong from Whidbey Island, WA

Would you be interested in interviewing artist, author Jerry Wennstrom or reviewing his book "The Inspired Heart?" Jerry gives an uplifting and inspiring interview. He has done many National Public Radio and TV interviews as well as many print publication magazine articles and interviews. He has been traveling internationally lecturing, offering workshops and film presentations of the Parabola and Sentient Publications documentary film made about his life and art called In the Hands of Alchemy.

Please click HERE to view the film and

Jerry's sculptures are also currently being used to illustrate Joseph Campbell Myths in a new film Called Mythic Journeys.

You can visit our web site or Blog Spot for more information and if you are interested in interviewing Jerry Wennstrom please let us know- www.handsofalchemy.com.

Mar. 16 2008 09:15 PM
Kierra 'Pearson' Coleman from Dallas,Tx

I really admire how she came up as a'thug'and almost losing her life to a heart touching person who inspires lots of people including me.Felicia'snoop'Pearson can do anything possible I believe.Snoop is the greatest person I know cuz most people are born into fame but she has came a really long way.Snoop inspires me to be whatever I wnna be and many people in the world she learn from her dat anything is possible!!!!!!!

Mar. 11 2008 12:06 PM
Jamie

Bit of a shame to see somebody who knows real life so clearly yet finds peace and redemption with fairy tales.

Dec. 17 2007 07:29 PM
Andrew B from Norwalk, CT

Thanks so much for throwing a little light on The Wire, probably the best show on TV in years.

How about having another Wire cast or crew member on your show?

Thanks!

Dec. 14 2007 07:50 PM
Owen from Rochester

Brian - Not a very interesting interview, was it? I enjoy Snoop's character on The Wire, and more power to her for doing a book and telling her story. But the fact is, she really had nothing to say on your show.

Perhaps this is the peril of us white progressives getting all excited over finding an "authentic" celebrity voice--the voice may be authentic, but that doesn't mean it's saying anything.

(But at least she says it in that great Baltimore accent.)

Dec. 14 2007 02:02 PM
nat from brooklyn

I have only seen the Wire a handful of times, but can attest to its reality. I grew up in Baltimore, and have experienced my share of horrific and senseless violence. I was there two weeks ago, eating pizza in Sowebo (Southwest Baltimore). Through the window I watched pills being dealt, minutes later I hear a barrage of gunshots a block or two away.

Every time I go back I am reminded of how real the Wire is, and different from New York, Baltimore is.

I must say that I love the city. The reason I love it is people like Felicia who can persevere through harsh realities that Baltimore can show people. Baltimore faces people with high rates of heroin use, crack use, and violence. The fact that an entire city carries on in the face of all of this anger, and there is a lot of anger, is nothing but amazing.

Felicia is like so many people I know from B-more who have a positive view despite the roughness that we all experienced on the streets of Baltimore.

Dec. 14 2007 11:29 AM
Lois from Harlem

Felicia Pearson is one of the most riveting and authentic actors in the best and most authentic tv show I have ever seen and I am no youngster. Right now, I am watching the 4th season in anticipation of the Fifth and final season in January. Everynight I think about Snoop and Felicia and wonder about them both. I am so delighted to know more about Felicia and Iam very moved and inspired by her. Bless her.

Dec. 14 2007 11:23 AM
Mike from Brooklyn

This is seriously the best show I have ever seen, the first episode for I think it was season 4 where Felicia is buying a nail gun I watched about 5 times. I think this show has amazing politics and really uncovers how ineffective police policy is. I love this show and I can't wait for the new season to come out!

Dec. 14 2007 11:20 AM
Josh from Queens, NY

Could you ask Snoop if she ever worries that the message is ever being lost because the show is so well produced and at times violent or funny.

Dec. 14 2007 11:19 AM
harlem from manhattan

I LOVE the Wire. her character is very hardcore and intense. its so exciting to hear her on the radio right now. its touching that against all the odds she was given at the start of life she's turned her life around. life is a beautiful thing. way to go Felicia!

Dec. 14 2007 11:18 AM
Kris from new jersey

Do her old friends from the hood come and ask her for money? does she make enough money to take care of herself?

Dec. 14 2007 11:16 AM