Open Phones: What Do You Approve of More Than Congress?

Friday, January 11, 2013

A recent poll shows Americans approve of Congress less than cockroaches, Genghis Khan, and Nickelback. What do you approve of more than congress? Call 212-433-9692 or post here!

Eric from Chicago

Genghis Khan was awesome, it shouldn't be surprising that we prefer him over Congress.

Jan. 14 2013 08:48 AM
RUCB_Alum from Central New Jersey

@Martin C -

What?!? No scorn for a GOP that took a $5T national that was projected to be ZERO in a decade and instead ballooned it to $12T?? That's a $17T swing they have yet to account for. AND THEN THE GOP HAS THE NERVE to cry about the overspending?

This type of hypocrisy is why I most Americans consider the Congress to be lower than head lice.

Jan. 13 2013 11:37 AM
RUCB_Alum from Central New Jersey

Good point, hjs...

We DO live in a republic that uses representative democracy to summon the peoples will. To the degree that we disregard our collective political body, we our disapproving of ourselves. My method to fix this will be to profess the viewpoints expressed by thirty-thousand.org or pursued LaVergne v. Bryson - a suit which seeks to have Congress recogngize "Article the First", an heretofore unratified amendment to the Constitution which proposes 1 representative for each 50,000 citizens. We may still hate Congress but at least there views will represent a much truer sampling of our will.

Jan. 13 2013 10:48 AM
dennis from whitestone

I Prefer Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

Jan. 11 2013 01:46 PM
Charlie from Northern New Jersey

I prefer congress to the people that don't vote or keep voting in the same people year after year and then complain about government.

Jan. 11 2013 01:33 PM
Ed from New Jersey

I prefer comedians to both houses of congress (and both parties). At least with comedians its understood that your being told a joke.

Jan. 11 2013 12:13 PM
Laura from Brooklyn

I prefer a stalled subway train over congress

Jan. 11 2013 11:58 AM

blame the voters not just the congress!!!

Jan. 11 2013 11:54 AM
aloebelson from CT

Garbage collectors: They take it away instead of delivering it back to us

Jan. 11 2013 11:54 AM
Kristen from Williamsburg

An unplanned pregnancy

Jan. 11 2013 11:53 AM
MrD from NYC

How is this productive at all? You're better than this, Brian.

Jan. 11 2013 11:53 AM
Brendan, Uptown from Upper West Side

I second/third the other folks saying they approve of Pledge drives more than congress - way more!

Thanks for having Juan Gonzalez on!

Jan. 11 2013 11:52 AM
Marie from Brooklyn

I prefer cleaning my cat's litter tray...

And since he roams on Brooklyn rooftops and knows these things, he'd like to tell Linda from the East Village that cockroaches with root canals are not all that unusual in this part of town.

Jan. 11 2013 11:52 AM
antonio from baySide

I approve the insular, racist, "sex and the city" clone "GIRLS" more than congress...

Jan. 11 2013 11:52 AM
Laughing from NYC

Oh Martin, proving out the benefit a constant stream of obfuscation aimed at low information voters.

If they weren't focusing on getting people to vote against their best interests, and the countries, I would give FOX and WABC credit for being such amazingly proficient BS'ers.

Don't ever change Martin, I am sure you are a barrel of laughs, even if you aren't sure why the rest of us are laughing.

Jan. 11 2013 11:27 AM
Martin Chuzzlewit from Manhattan

I assume that this includes the upper chamber of Congress...the Senate...(with clowns like Al Franken, missing-in-action nonentities like Kirsten Gillibrand (Who?) and geriatric lefties like Lautenberg) ... which hasn't voted to pass a budget in 1352 DAYS !!!!

If so, then I more approve of bathtub scum rings from dirty bathwater to Schumer and his fellow Democratic buffoons.

Jan. 11 2013 11:13 AM
Linda from East Village

On MSNBC the other day, it was announced that Congress had a lower approval rating than "cockroaches and root canal". But the newscaster was speaking so quickly that what I heard was "cockroaches with root canals." My first reaction? Cockroaches get root canals? (I wasn't even sure they had teeth.) My second reaction? Why should we humans even care if cockroaches get root canals, and why is that deplorable?

Jan. 11 2013 11:11 AM
Ian from Northern New Jersey

Stubbing my toes on the table legs.

Stepping into a puddle that is deeper-than-expected.

Marmite.