Is Obama a PAC Man?

Friday, October 05, 2007

Barack Obama disavowed the influence of special interests in recent presidential debates. But his campaign finance records show a more complicated truth. Paul Ryan, an attorney with the Campaign Legal Center, a non-partisan campaign finance watchdog, looks at the role of Political Action Committees in all the candidate's campaigns.

Paul Ryan

Ana Benning from Bronx

Thank you Chestine!

I'm sick of all this "knee jerk dismissal of "conspiracy theories" and "conspiracy theorists'"

Like somehow everyone who questions ANYTHING about 9/11 if bonkers.

It's obvious that the media has done very little to investigate much surrounding the issue. The very fact that all of the 9/11 Commission served on various boards of airlines and war contractors should raise some eyebrows.

There are pre and post 9/11 theories that are valid and that is one of them.

Oct. 05 2007 12:30 PM
chestine from NY

Now, Brian, THERE is a topic to deconstruct: the knee jerk dismissal of "conspiracy theories" and "conspiracy theorists' - this seems to have arisen after the Warren Commission report which I remember my family receiving or acquiring - and I think it has been cleverly worked into the culture that it's ridiculous to think (or so-called educated people don't think) people conspire for desired results. This is as subjective as the accusation. it is VERY clever. I never believed much of what adults told me (lots of doubletalk from nuns and priests, tv, etc.)and even as young as i was, i wasn't so sure about how soon that fat book arrived at my house. Kids are intuitively onto lying adults, if only via vibration, and we (the other kids around me) felt pretty lied to from the get go. I also went to art school so wear different antennae anyway. But I just don't know where this dismissal out-of-hand comes from.

Oct. 05 2007 11:45 AM
ab

So...wait...let me get this correct:

Obama took PAC money in the PAST

Then he said he would no longer do it

and has stopped doing it

and WE ARE DOING A WHOLE SEGMENT ON IT??????????

Jesus H. Christ, talk about an obvious and pathetic attempt at a smear job

This is almost as bad as when you were trying to stir up dirt by asking whether it was a contradiction that Obama said he personally would not have invited Ahmadinejad(sp) to Columbia (a university) but that he said he would speak to him in the capacity of PRESIDENT

Nice try, Brian. You failed at smearing him again.

Oct. 05 2007 11:33 AM
Ana Benning from Bronx

I wish they would say what PACs they ARE!!!!!!!!!!

Oct. 05 2007 11:32 AM
ab

Well...I don't know if that statement is fair but it is definitely clear that Brian is biased against Obama

I wonder why, Brian. Why don't you just come clean and tell us why you are so biased?

Oct. 05 2007 11:27 AM
Sally Freid from Soho

Probably because she is with AIPAC.

Oct. 05 2007 11:24 AM
David from Bridgeport

Brian is once again presenting a topic with an emphasis on attacking Senator Barack Obama. Isn't it time that Brian comes clean and acknowledges he is supporting Senator Clinton.

Brian is not a journalist, he can have his opinions and do his show. It is wrong though to hide an agenda behind feigned objectivity.

Oct. 05 2007 10:44 AM