Showdown in Nassau County, part two

Friday, October 05, 2007

Thomas Suozzi, Nassau County Executive (D) levels charges against federal immigration agents for questionable practices during gang raids.

Thomas Suozzi

Linda from nyc

suozzi interview

Oct. 05 2007 04:27 PM
fa from east harlem

As an indigent(cannot find a full time and owe money to the IRS), inmigrant(still dealing with the INS), latino(I learnt this as soon I stept out at JFK and refuse to be call a papi!), gamofite(gay father of 2), short, chubby, lefty literally and ideologically,-last week I almost got beat up because I listen to your program everyday and then comment the topics between my co-workers.

I definetly have to stop my addiction to your "intelligent speech" program.

Oct. 05 2007 12:05 PM
chestine from NY

ditto LL I as also impressed with how seriously he takes his job and how clearly he explains himself.

Oct. 05 2007 11:30 AM
LL from Queens, NY

I have always heard good things about Thomas Suozzi, but I have to admit that I'm very impressed with his rational thinking and articulate way of making his points so that people can understand without leaning to any stereotypes.
Mr. Suozzi is unusual for a politician as he is not using racist, fear mongering demagogery nor is he avoiding the issues of illegal immigration.

I wish we had 100 politicians of his integrity in this country instead of the low-lifes who use fear or beat up on minority groups without doing anything do address real problems.

Oct. 05 2007 11:23 AM
ab

I don't care if he supports that or not..what i care about is that he is JUSTLY fighting a ridiculous raid by people who would seek to turn this country into some "Children of Men" style racist anti-immigrant state.

He's right: Illegal or not, they are human beings and deserve respect!

As do legal residents and AMERICAN CITIZENS! I don't want feds wearing cowboy hats and brandishing shotguns breaking into my house because they are over-zealous and didn't do a proper investigation!!!!!!

Oct. 05 2007 11:22 AM
chestine from NY

if this was an immigration raid (or not) what does Mr. Suozzi think about Gov Spitzer's idea to give driver's licenses to "illegal immigrants"

Oct. 05 2007 11:15 AM
Paulo from New Jersey

I'm a little unclear about this situation. Were the suspected criminals that were being pursued illegal immigrants and that was why the immigration authorities were involved? Early on, I'd heard that the local authorities had been misled about about the initial goals the federal government had in these raids.

Oct. 05 2007 11:03 AM