NYC Synagogue Bomb Plot Suspect Pleads Guilty
Tuesday, December 04, 2012
A man charged with plotting to blow up synagogues in New York has pleaded guilty to state terrorism charges.
Ahmed Ferhani entered the plea on Tuesday in the unusual state-level terror case.
His lawyers have said the prosecution was based on insufficient evidence and dubious police tactics that targeted a mentally unstable man.
The Manhattan district attorney's office said previously that Ferhani was intent on attacking a synagogue. They said he bought three guns and a grenade to do so. The buy was a sting.
Ferhani and a co-defendant were arrested last year.
A grand jury declined to indict the men on a top-level terror conspiracy charge.