Attorneys for Strauss-Kahn Deny Settlement Reached
Thursday, November 29, 2012
Attorneys for Dominique Strauss-Kahn deny that the former International Monetary Fund chief has reached a settlement with a New York City hotel maid who accused him of trying to rape her.
William Taylor III and Amit Mehta said in a statement issued Friday that the parties have merely "discussed a resolution."
A person familiar with the case told The Associated Press on Thursday that a settlement had been reached. The person spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity to discuss the private negotiation.
Strauss-Kahn's attorneys say a report that their client has agreed to pay $6 million to settle the civil case is "flatly false." The French newspaper Le Monde, citing people close to Strauss-Kahn, reported that figure.
The New York Times first reported the agreement.