Voting After the Superstorm

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Richard Hasen, professor of Law and Political Science at University of California, Irvine school of Law and author now of The Voting Wars: From Florida 2000 to the Next Election Meltdown, talks about voting in the aftermath of the storm and how damage could change election turnout.

Richard Hasen

Not sure which is worse; this hurricane disaster or listening to Christine Quinn!!!

Oct. 31 2012 11:52 AM
dboy from nyc

Maybe the republican klowns with floating homes on Staten Island and in NJ, will now wake up and vote for candidates that understand the seriousness of climate change and the need to transition to 21st century, non-carbon technologies!!

WAKE UP, FOLKS!!

Oct. 31 2012 11:26 AM
RCT from Chappaqua, NY

I have no power (I'm in Chappaqua, in Westchester county). What happens if the power is still out on Tuesday? How and where do we vote?

Oct. 31 2012 10:56 AM
Deirdre Lambe

What about polling places that have been changed because of storm?
I'm sure that some former places are not useable, or perhaps have even been "wiped out."
How can prospective voters learn of this?

Oct. 31 2012 10:40 AM
Larry B. from Harlem

Brian, pls ask the speaker what is the latest news regarding the conflict of interest with The Romneys owning
shares in the Ohio voting machines?

Oct. 31 2012 10:39 AM
Lenore from Manhattan

correction--I meant to say EARLY VOTING IN NY STATE

Also in reply to John A: with this joint appearance today, Christie may just have re-elected Obama. It clears the way for Christie in 2016...

Oct. 31 2012 10:33 AM
Lenore from Manhattan

Hooray! Here is my comment:

EARLY VOTING IN NYC!

EARLY VOTING IN NYC!

EARLY VOTING IN NYC!

My question: has this been proposed by any state legislator? Has Cuomo or anyone spoke about it? I believe there are no over 30 states have it. Why not us??

Oct. 31 2012 10:30 AM
John A.

How much traction does Cristie have nationwide after the RNC?
His near endorsement of Obama is fantastic.

Oct. 31 2012 10:19 AM