Stanley Tucci's Cookbook

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Actor Stanely Tucci talks about how his roles in food-centered films such as Big Night and Julie & Julia and his own childhood in an Italian family kitchen helped him develop a love of food and cooking. He’s now written The Tucci Cookbook, which features nearly 200 recipes, with wine pairings.

Stanely Tucci
News, weather, Radiolab, Brian Lehrer and more.
Get the best of WNYC in your inbox, every morning.

Jeffrey Boudin from Verplanck, Westchester, NY

I thought Stanley Tucci was gracious and humble, and the interview informative and educational. He's a great storyteller, and he pointed out that there's no need to publish yet another recipe, but rather, fun ways to share stories about food and live. So reading the critical comments herein is surprising given how Stanley himself said his 3 motives for reprinting this cookbook were 1) first-printing editions were selling online for over $100; 2) 25% of the proceeds go to the NYC FoodBank on whose board he sits; and 3) he loves cooking. I'm a believer of 6-Degrees-of-Separation --- I recently bought a home in Verplanck (pop. 500), where Stanley said his parents took him to visit his maternal grandparents which are the co-authors and source of these recipes.

Oct. 11 2012 06:44 PM
sanych

Talk about see food.

In ancient Rome there were so many cookbooks and cooking recepies that in order try them all people had to vomit to empty their stomachs, eat, then vomit again.

I am vomiting as I am listening to this broadcast...

Oct. 10 2012 12:23 PM
redcouchstudio from Jersey City

Stanley, any chance there is a recipe for fried cardoons? (or have you ever heard of them?) The older generation of my family has mentioned them, but I have no idea really what it is.

Oct. 10 2012 12:21 PM
DAN from manhattan

Believe it or not, cottage cheese with ketchup is incredibly delicious. Don't knock it till ya tried it!

Oct. 10 2012 12:21 PM
Urbangranolagirl

FYI, Ricotta recipe link not working...

Oct. 10 2012 12:17 PM
sanych

Et tu, Tucci?

Another cookbook!?!?!?

Oct. 10 2012 12:15 PM
kathryn from Brooklyn

I just loved Stanely Tucci in Big Night, one of my favorite all time movies.
I always think of him when I make scrambled eggs based on that scene in the kitchen in that movie.
He's a good dancer too!