30 Issues in 30 Days is our election year series on the important issues facing the country this election year. Today: The relationship between the federal government and the health care industry. Visit the 30 Issue home page for all the conversations.
Open Prep: Questions, Articles, and Links to Get You Started
- Can Medicare and Medicaid ever be made affordable?
- What comes next nationally for Obamacare?
- Should New Jersey opt into expanded Medicaid?
- Does the federal government do enough to encourage personal responsibility for health, or is it a "nanny state?"
- How great a burden are medical costs, and do they contribute to economic inequality?
What are your key questions on this topic? Post them below and get the conversation going!
- Robert Doar, commissioner of the NYC Human Resources Administration, on how New York City is going to implement Medicaid expansion under Obamacare
- Mary Agnes Carey, reporter for Kaiser Health News, on how Romney plans to replace the Affordable Care Act
Got a Follow Up?
Each Friday we'll be following up on one of that week's issues. Got a particular follow-up question from this conversation? Comment below or tweet us. Tweet to @brianlehrer