30 Issues: Big Energy vs. Big Environment
Tuesday, October 09, 2012
30 Issues in 30 Days is our election year series on the important issues facing the country this election year. Today: The conflicting forces of the energy lobby and environmentalist groups. Visit the 30 Issue home page for all the conversations.
Open Prep: Questions, Articles, and Links to Get You Started
- Have Romney and Obama surrendered on climate change?
- Why is the EPA so controversial?
- Does either candidate have a clear position on fracking?
- Is any mass energy source environmentally responsible?
What are your key questions on this topic? Post them below and get the conversation going!
- Washington Post Issue Comparison
- Third Way Swing State Energy Focus Groups
- Gallup Polling on Energy and Environment
- ABC: What Ever Happened to Cap and Trade?
Watch: Clips Played Today
- Joshua Freed, Vice President for the Clean Energy Program at Third Way, to discuss why the "carbon conversation" has disappeared from the Obama-Romney race.
- Jay Timmons, President and CEO of the National Association of Manufacturers, to discuss the regulatory climate under the Obama administration.
30 Issues Interactive from WNYC Data News Team
Got a Follow Up?
Each Friday we'll be following up on one of that week's issues. Got a particular follow-up question from this conversation? Comment below or tweet us. Tweet to @brianlehrer