30 Issues: Borrowing for Infrastructure
Thursday, September 27, 2012
30 Issues in 30 Days is our election year series on the important issues facing the country this election year. Today: The necessity of borrowing to initiate and maintain essential infrastructure projects. Visit the 30 Issue home page for all the conversations.
Open Prep: Questions, Articles, and Links to Get You Started
- Should the government trade infrastructure for debt?
- What are the major ongoing infrastructure projects across America?
- Can government projects stimulate job growth?
What are your key questions on this topic? Post them below and get the conversation going!
- Steven C.F. Anderson, founder and managing director of InfrastructureUSA
- Greg DiLoreto, president-elect of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
ASCE's Report Card on America's infrastructure
Got a Follow Up?
Each Friday we'll be following up on one of that week's issues. Got a particular follow-up question from this conversation? Comment below or tweet us. Tweet to @brianlehrer