30 Issues: How to Grow the Economy
Friday, September 14, 2012
30 Issues in 30 Days is our election year series on the important issues facing the country this election year. Today: How government measures can boost the economy and move Americans towards an end of the Great Recession. Visit the 30 Issue home page for all the conversations.
Open Prep: Questions, Articles, and Links to Get You Started
- Is austerity today necessary for growth tomorrow?
- Which sectors are economically strong, and what can we learn from them?
- What can the government actually do to create new jobs?
What are your key questions on this topic? Post them below and get the conversation going!
- Alex Blumberg, co-founder of NPR's Planet Money, and a producer of This American Life.
- Adam Davidson, co-founder of Planet Money and contributor to the New York Times, explains the differing ideas about how to grow the economy and the role of the federal government in economic growth.
- Manoush Zomorodi, host of WNYC’s New Tech City, discusses NYC's tech sector.
30 Issues From WNYC Data News Team | More NYC-Specific Data
Got a Follow Up?
Each Friday we'll be following up on one of that week's issues. Got a particular follow-up question from this conversation? Comment below or tweet us. Tweet to @brianlehrer