RNC Dispatch: Why Romney Will Pay for Snubbing Ron Paul

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 06:18 PM

Republican presidential candidate, U.S. Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) holds a campaign town hall meeting with employees of Timberland LLC the day before the state primary January 9, 2012 in Stratham, N.H. (Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images/Getty)

I think the real story of the convention (real meaning what happened that might actually effect the result of the presidential race) is really how amazingly bad of a sore winner Romney was over the Ron Paul supporters. It seemed like the Romney people went out of their way to slight the Paulies at every turn.

I really do think there is a chance that this garbage will cost Romney 2-3 points. Not to Obama, but to Gary Johnson. If Johnson gets a boost in the few polls that actually include him, and the race between Romney and Obama tightens up, it'll interesting to see if people end up seeing Johnson as being to Romney as Nader was to Gore.

Tags:

More in:

Ben from Arizona

A vote for Johnson is thrown away... but a vote for Obama to win is a chance to capsize the RNC and take away power from them -- to cause a massive switch to Libertarian party. I will vote for Obama and all the rest (house and senate) a straight Republican ticket. My hope is that they can indict, impeach, and otherwise stop the lying corrupt dictatorship in the second term. It is worth it to me to force the point of conservative values into a party platform that can win.

Oct. 18 2012 12:58 PM
Robert82 from Miami. FL

The GOP has turned their back on Ron Paul...if you are a Ron Paul supporter you should seriously consider Gov. Gary Johnson...

Sep. 06 2012 12:23 PM
Susan Butler

Gov. Johnson is garnering increasing support from Ron Paul supporters. This could increase Johnson’s numbers in the polls. Ron Paul, himself, had good words for Johnson in the video at http://vimeo.com/48778115 .

Sep. 04 2012 03:46 PM
Robert Johnson from NYC

The illegal tactics used at the RNC against Ron Paul are a disgrace. I, personally, can no longer support a party that blatantly takes away the freedom of Speech of another by changing the rules mid-game because they are afraid of the outcome. As a Paul supporter, I will not vote Republican but I will vote Libertarian. Many Paul supporters are choosing to vote with their hearts and minds as we finally awake from the Republicoma. http://vimeo.com/48778115

Sep. 04 2012 02:47 PM
Steve A Morris from Atlanta Ga

Hah. Vote for a Party that turns away its elected representatives/delegates?

Never again. The Republican Party is not even a Republican (aka Representative) form of Party. That does not form a Republican form of government which Article 4 Section 4 guarantees.

At least the Democrats are Democratic (aka Majority Rule/Mob Rule) in Nature. They espouse Majority Rule.

Not sure what will come of it, but I'd be surprised if the Democrats and Republicans (sic) didn't have to combine in the near future in order to retain power.

Sep. 03 2012 10:46 PM
Bob Antonelli

If Romney can win, I believe he and Ryan will truly surprise the nation. I see them as creating many millions of jobs, destroying (as it should be) ObamaCare, fixing the tax code, re-strenghtening the military, and bringing the country together. Romney has a well-known record of bipartisan unity.

I am sick and tired of class warfare and the politics of race baiting by the DESPERATE left. Blacks are slowly starting to turn. They are realizing that the current Democratic Party has destroyed their family unit and caused dependency on the government. Unemployment among blacks and young blacks is through the roof. Yet, they continue to support this guy. However, this is slowly changing.

I have said this time and time again. If Obama wins again, he WILL DESTROY OUR COUNTRY. After four more years, we will be 20 trillion in debt, and our military will be decimated. If you do not see this, you are either blind or brainwashed or both. Reality is tough to accept, but WE MUST DEFEAT OBAMA IF WE ARE TO SURVIVE AS A COUNTRY.

Sep. 03 2012 09:13 PM
Louis Nardozi from Jacksonville

I know I won't. After 30+ years of a straight Republican ticket, I vote Democrat all the way this year, nose held in disgust. Paul is one thing, destroying the grassroots is another. When you take away the ability of the people to elect a candidate, you destroy the legitimacy of ALL candidates.

Sep. 03 2012 07:45 PM
Justin

As a life-long Republican, I feel I can no longer support nor associate myself with a party the exercises such blatant corruption and perversion of this country's founding principles. And I question the integrity and character of a person willing to win in such a manner as well as those who support him. It seems too few question what got us to the point where our country occupies foreign lands in the name of peace, freedom, and democracy while both political parties erode our own wealth, rights, freedoms, and access to fair elections at home.

Fraud During Presidential Primary

Fraud During RNC

Sep. 03 2012 07:35 PM
Nathaniel R. Hamrick from Alabama the beautiful

Your problem is that you think Nader was "nader to gore" and Johnson might be "johnson to romney."

How about Romney is romney to romney,
Johnson is johnson to johnson,
& Obama is obama to obama.

Assuming the above, I think it's fair to assume that the American people should see Johnson to Johnson, Romney to Romney, and Obama to Obama.

Romney isn't the problem, it's the Monopoly on the Presidency held by two wicked parties who are constantly trying to snub each other at the cost of American welfare and freedom.

Abolish the two party system: Free the people!

Sep. 03 2012 07:20 PM
c4lcncpls from Charlotte, NC

The arly polls showed that only Ron Paul could take the votes away from Obama and beat Obama. After the way the Ron Paul people were treated, they will never vote for Romney. Most will vote for either Johnson or Obama. You have to realize that many Ron Paul supporters were Democrats who want to stop all the wars and really attack the deficit. They know Romney is the last person to address these issues.

I myself had had it with the GOP. I'm switching to Independent.

Sep. 03 2012 07:16 PM