Streams

Deal Reached in Spiderman Director's Lawsuit

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Director Julie Taymor has reached a deal in New York to settle a lawsuit she brought over the Broadway production of "Spider-Man."

The settlement was disclosed in a document filed Thursday in federal court in Manhattan. Settlement terms were not immediately released.

Taymor had said the current hit Broadway production, "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark," was based on the unlawful use of her copyrighted written works.

She was fired last year and the musical's script was rewritten after the $75 million production had trouble getting past previews. The musical has since become a success. The lawsuit said damages would exceed $1 million.

Taymor sued the producers in November and they countersued. The producers say Taymor's treatment was based on pre-existing "Spider-Man" comics and films.

Tags:

More in:

The Morning Brief

Enter your email address and we’ll send you our top 5 stories every day, plus breaking news and weather.

Leave a Comment

Email addresses are required but never displayed.

Sponsored

Feeds

Supported by